XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

04-26-2014, 06:59 PM   #1
DChan
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW X6 5.0

Engline light on codes P0175?

Hey guys so I was going to take my car to BMW to get it checked due to my engine light being turned on but thought I might as well get a mechanic to see what the problem was by checking the OBD2 codes.

P0175 - System to lean to bank 2
P0175 - System to rich to bank 2

Is this a big issue?

Is this covered under the extended warranty for them to fix this problem? Because if it's not BMW is going to charge me $150 for MPI test alone.

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 01:09 AM   #2
DChan
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW X6 5.0

anyone?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 04:35 PM   #3
v8888vx6
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X6 50i 2009

use to have the same code. BMW changed the injectors, turbo's gaskets, few more parts. I had to fight not to pay, cause it should be covered by CPO. They denied it. Then I went true my repair's paperwork to show them it was changed half a year ago. Instead of $4000 I have paid $550. Plus they replaced the 8 injectors (11revision).
I've traded my x6 in last week. Good luck
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 12:02 PM   #4
HPIA4v2
Major
Rep
Drives: F80, F86

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8888vx6 View Post
use to have the same code. BMW changed the injectors, turbo's gaskets, few more parts. I had to fight not to pay, cause it should be covered by CPO. They denied it. Then I went true my repair's paperwork to show them it was changed half a year ago. Instead of $4000 I have paid $550. Plus they replaced the 8 injectors (11revision).
I've traded my x6 in last week. Good luck
Interesting, sometimes I wonder how the SA (service advisor) statement of work, really accurate or just plain lies?

I can buy injectors issue, rather common on 1st gen DI engine by BMW, but turbo gaskets?

Good job, fighting the bogus charges, if your car was repaired with new injectors 1/2 year ago, you should get the latest 8 injectors already (the one in 2009 car and the latest are not compatible so all 8 had to be replaced at that time) and one-bank fail code means you don;t need to replace all 8 again, only the one in that bank. Yes $550 is about right for part + labor + coding.

IMHO, BMWNA needs to protect franchise by penalizing bad dealers, the one that's racking up bogus unnecessary works. It's a delicate balance I know, BMWNA wants to give business to dealers but not at the expense of customers and still thrive at the end among competition in luxury brands
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 02:57 PM   #5
v8888vx6
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X6 50i 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPIA4v2 View Post
Interesting, sometimes I wonder how the SA (service advisor) statement of work, really accurate or just plain lies?

I can buy injectors issue, rather common on 1st gen DI engine by BMW, but turbo gaskets?

Good job, fighting the bogus charges, if your car was repaired with new injectors 1/2 year ago, you should get the latest 8 injectors already (the one in 2009 car and the latest are not compatible so all 8 had to be replaced at that time) and one-bank fail code means you don;t need to replace all 8 again, only the one in that bank. Yes $550 is about right for part + labor + coding.

IMHO, BMWNA needs to protect franchise by penalizing bad dealers, the one that's racking up bogus unnecessary works. It's a delicate balance I know, BMWNA wants to give business to dealers but not at the expense of customers and still thrive at the end among competition in luxury brands
My service advisor was a tool. She told an X6 has around 60 computers, and that why we have to change the battery's every 2 years. I have to disconnect the IBS sensor and problem was gone.
The CPO warranty is a scam (only third party). I was told that covers only specific codes. If code shows a faulty turbo- BMW pays, if it a different code- not covered by CPO warranty (gasket in my case) - I have to pay, and that effing gasket cost as a new turbo unit.
Appreciate 0