XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

08-06-2009, 12:35 AM   #1
Anteater
An Englishman in Chicago......
United_States
Rep
Drives: VR X6 35i

HPFP replaced....

Hi guys,

Have to admit that I have been remiss on keeping up to date on the forum over the past few months, but great to see how active it has become! Hope you are all well and still enjoying the ride!

Thought you may like to know that I was having some 'long crank' problems and suspected that it was related to the HPFP issue, so had it checked out this week when the X6 was in for mainenance service (28,500 miles...!) Dealer confirmed that te HPFP was indeed faulty and was replaced. They also upgraded the software to the latest N54 release and the difference was remarkable - much crisper pickup and the turbo's seem to spin a lot smoother than previously. May also be related to a gradual degredation in performance with the fauly fuel pump, but it certainly seems to have brought a new lease of life to the engine!!

Next question I need to answer is whether to trade the X6 in now given the mileage I've racked up.... thinking of an M3 convertible whilst prices are challenged and dealers are looking for used stock of X6's..... what do you guys think?

Cheers, Anteater

Last edited by Anteater; 08-08-2009 at 08:00 AM..
Appreciate 0