XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

02-08-2015, 08:52 AM   #23
BuckiSouth
Rep
Drives: '12 e93 M3, '12 X5M

Garage List
Purchased my X5M in Boston, had it shipped in enclosed carrier to Ohio for $700, took 2 days.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2015, 12:51 AM   #24
mdrobc13
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobpdx View Post
Which broker/carrier did you use, and how was your experience? I also just bought an X5M, and need to ship it from Santa Clara to Portland, OR. I'm going to ship it enclosed.

In my opinion it is fing ridiculous that I have to ship the car at all, and potentially wait up to 15 days, just to avoid paying sales tax as an Oregon resident, when the drive could be easily done within one day after a quick flight down to SFO.
Try these guys...excuse me gals!
Angels Moving Autos (ask for Dina)
www.angelstransport.com

They shipped my X5M from California to Seattle area and did it quick, fast, and vehicle arrived in great condition as promised within a 12 hr window. Also beat all of the other shippers including dealer quote. Great to work with and recommended by my shop in Portland!

Quote:
This is what I'm dealing with now, which makes it nearly impossible to make an informed choice. I wish I could just drive the damn thing home. The only places I've found that seem to be legit/reputable(planning to ship it enclosed given the shorter distance and don't mind the cost), like intercity lines don't go to Oregon.
See my above quote. PM me and I'll put you in touch with the shop I use in Portland who can talk you thru a few shippers.
Quote:
Yeah unfortunately California tax code is ridiculous in this regard. I've read it myself, and there's no way around paying sales tax if the vehicle is driven in the state by the purchaser or an agent of the purchaser after the sale.

Must be shipped which sucks. I'll get my X5M up here someday haha.
Yes but IF the vehicle is shipped out of state directly from the lot you will avoid the California sales tax and laws you mention. Mine was shipped from Cali to Seattle where I could register it more easily being a Texas resident (military) and get a break on some of the sales taxes as you mention. That way you'll save way more than the cost of shipping it. Also the passes are still closed in the Rockies and Cascades for a lot of routes and driving it this time of year may be a pain in the azz with the weather we've been having. Consider all options 1st and talk to some reputable services like AAA on that note for routes...last thing you want is to get stuck up in some of these passes esp w/out winter tires/chains man even in the AWD X5M! GL
'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2015, 12:13 PM   #25
jacobpdx
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5M

Garage List
2011 BMW X5M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrobc13 View Post
Try these guys...excuse me gals!
Angels Moving Autos (ask for Dina)
www.angelstransport.com

They shipped my X5M from California to Seattle area and did it quick, fast, and vehicle arrived in great condition as promised within a 12 hr window. Also beat all of the other shippers including dealer quote. Great to work with and recommended by my shop in Portland!

See my above quote. PM me and I'll put you in touch with the shop I use in Portland who can talk you thru a few shippers.
Thanks for all the info man, I really appreciate it. I actually jumped the gun on you and had already asked the guys at Matrix Integrated if they recommended someone, and they did refer me to angelstransport as you mentioned. I had noticed they did your CF wrap, and figured they would be a good resource. The guys at Matrix were very nice and responsive, and I will definitely be using them in the future for any needed work.

At that point I actually already had a carrier tentatively scheduled from another local rec, and luckily everything turned out great with them, so I didn't end up needing to contact angels. Got the X5M here on Friday night in one piece, though the dealer sent it to me absolutely filthy.

Noting a detail couldn't fix, and loving it so far.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2015, 01:26 AM   #26
mdrobc13
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Quote:
Thanks for all the info man, I really appreciate it. I actually jumped the gun on you and had already asked the guys at Matrix Integrated if they recommended someone, and they did refer me to angelstransport as you mentioned. I had noticed they did your CF wrap, and figured they would be a good resource. The guys at Matrix were very nice and responsive, and I will definitely be using them in the future for any needed work.

At that point I actually already had a carrier tentatively scheduled from another local rec, and luckily everything turned out great with them, so I didn't end up needing to contact angels. Got the X5M here on Friday night in one piece, though the dealer sent it to me absolutely filthy.

Noting a detail couldn't fix, and loving it so far.
Glad to here it. I told Jeremy (one of the owners) that I'd sent someone from the forums their way and hoped he didn't mind. He said great but I didn't know a name to give him or anything. But they are great guys and I knew they'd take care of you. Glad to hear it. Am taking my new F80 M3 down in a few weeks for an exhaust. Looking forward to it. Great guys there.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2015, 11:59 AM   #27
jacobpdx
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5M

Garage List
2011 BMW X5M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrobc13 View Post
Glad to here it. I told Jeremy (one of the owners) that I'd sent someone from the forums their way and hoped he didn't mind. He said great but I didn't know a name to give him or anything. But they are great guys and I knew they'd take care of you. Glad to hear it. Am taking my new F80 M3 down in a few weeks for an exhaust. Looking forward to it. Great guys there.
Wow, you have quite the stable! Nice combo man!

Yeah from your experience and what I've learned, I'm really glad to have them as a resource for the M.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2015, 02:43 PM   #28
mdrobc13
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Yeah they do great work. Got here in 2012 militate stationed up in WA and they've taken care of all of my cars since. Trust them enough that I drive down leave the car and take Amtrak back down to pick them up when ready. Done that so many times has to take the wife down last mo with me just to show her who my new girlfriend in Portland really was...Matrix Integrated! That's where all my excess $$ was going! Lol.

Here's some of their work on my previous BMWs...the gone but not forgotten! Lol
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2015, 06:37 PM   #29
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Mate, drive it! It's not like it's a brand new car that you have to be too careful with or want to keep the miles off! Take this chance to drive through the US and see a few things on the way. Why not make it a week-long road trip?
Appreciate 0