XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

04-30-2011, 12:43 AM   #1
chocobo1104
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X6 35i

Dinan stage 2 for X6 35i?

Hi guys Im thinking of getting the dinan stage 2 upgrade for my bmw x6 35i.

It says it improves the performance of the engine to 378 horsepower at 5700 rpm and 415 lb-ft torque at 4300 rpm. Now, this is similar to the specs of 50i.

Do you guys think I will notice alot of improvement in doing city driving with this upgrade?

I HATE driving the X6 in the city as I constantly need to stop and go as this car HATES gaining momentum to drive or cruise.

For example, when I speed to 40km and then take my foot off the gas, the car will slow down very fast then JOLT to switch gear in low speeds making it very uncomfortable to drive. (Not all the time, but more weight = more frequent)

My friend's X5 Diesel never had this problem as his car was around 425ft torque. Diesel X5 is such a wonderful car to drive in stop and go traffic compared to my 35i X6.

Do you 50i owners get similar experience as mine or do you guys never feel it since you got 400ft of torque?

Anyway, bottom line is, will this upgrade improve my stop and go city traffic experience? I am a bit worried since peak torque comes at 4300 rpm... Please give me your inputs!
Appreciate 0