XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

05-10-2017, 01:26 AM   #1
95wildtt
Need mo $$s
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4M Competition

Cruise Control Won't Work...

Hi,

I just completed an NBT EVO Retrofit, and everything is working great except for the cruise control.
I know... shouldn't have anything to do with it, right?

I use my CC often, and it was working well as recently as a week ago. Then I did the retrofit...
When I tried to use CC on Sunday, it wouldn't work the first several times that I tried it, then suddenly worked a couple of times... Weird.

I tried it again several times on Monday and Tuesday and it hasn't worked any of times I have tried it.

I have attached the error report form INPA for the DSC module, FYI.

If I put the X in "D" and keep my foot on the brake, so I'm stopped, I get the CC indicator in the cluster with no speed, of course. So the switch on the stalk is working and the request is getting sent over CAN...

Also, the HDC button doesn't work (I don't ever use it here in IN where it's flat) unless I'm stopped in "D" with my foot on the brake. I suspected it may be the problem because of the info in the error report, and I suspected that maybe the button panel didn't get connected well during my retrofit, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I did double check all of the connections.

One other detail...
When I stop after driving, the CC and HDC buttons don't work again until I cycle the ignition off and back on. Then they work as long as I'm not moving...

I don't think there are any signals for the CC involved with the CCC/CIC/NBT but the error seems to point to that.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,
John
Attached Images
File Type: pdf DSC Error (5-8-2017).pdf (223.8 KB, 128 views)
Past: 2020 X3M, 2019 TTS, 2008 X5 4.8 M Sport
Appreciate 0