XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

02-19-2021, 05:13 PM   #1
n2siast
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 335i M-SPORT

No Tones Audio Issues

Searched a bit and couldn't really find anything definitive and wanted to see if anyone can lead me to a good solution.

'12 x5 MSport, 60K miles, recently started to have an issue with audio at startup, almost all the time, especially after sitting overnight.

I'd get the "no tones' warning and and no audio from any source. Then after about a minute or so, the audio would start playing intermittently, cutting in and out every couple of seconds.

This would happen for anywhere from 2-10 minutes, and then start playing normally.

It doesn't appear to be a battery related issue as I've replaced the battery with a new and higher output battery about a month or so ago.

Any idea what it could be? Possibly the amp on it's last leg?

Any way to diagnose the amp? I ran a few diagnostic scanners, but no codes come back relating to the Amp or audio system.

Thanks in advance for any input.
Appreciate 0