XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

05-02-2010, 08:27 AM   #1
wukur
Private
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

Springs installed. Ride is not harsh but very jumpy!

Hi all

I have installed my H&R springs it came just the front springs without two rear linkages like on bluedynos X6M.

The ride is good but very very jumpy that it is now really uncomfortable to drive. What should i do??????

Maybe it is because I did not have the rear linkages???

The car is soo great looking with those springs that i cant take them off, but when I am in the car driving it it is way too jumpy. Roads in my city are not smooth, thay are wave like.

pls suggest what to do guys!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2010, 09:53 AM   #2
Rayvkt
Private
Laos
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW X6 xdrive35i

Garage List
H&R springs have two types for X6 that have self levelling (2 springs) and for X6 without self levelling (4 springs) suspension.
Are you sure you've put on the right type for your car? I'm also ordering H&R Spring for my X6 without selflevelling.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2010, 11:18 AM   #3
REInvestor
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X6 5.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wukur View Post
Hi all

I have installed my H&R springs it came just the front springs without two rear linkages like on bluedynos X6M.

The ride is good but very very jumpy that it is now really uncomfortable to drive. What should i do??????

Maybe it is because I did not have the rear linkages???

The car is soo great looking with those springs that i cant take them off, but when I am in the car driving it it is way too jumpy. Roads in my city are not smooth, thay are wave like.

pls suggest what to do guys!!!
Did you get the 1" or 2" drop?
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2010, 03:37 AM   #4
wukur
Private
Rep

My car has self leveling suspension. I bought springs 1.2 inch drop for self leveling suspension.

Anyone can help?????
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2010, 06:07 AM   #5
Oxymoron
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCI MGM

My car has the same set-up as yours and it is fine. Rides really well in my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2010, 05:45 AM   #6
wukur
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymoron View Post
My car has the same set-up as yours and it is fine. Rides really well in my opinion.
The roads in your city?? Smooth? Did you lower your rear end with springs or with DIS?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 06:07 PM   #7
Oxymoron
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCI MGM

rear lowered with DIS. roads are pretty average around here. I am used to driving a number of lowered cars with heavy springs though so maybe i just find the X6 comfy compared to them
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2010, 11:29 AM   #8
Rayvkt
Private
Laos
Rep

Garage List
I got H&R springs for my X6 without self levelling (4 springs) installed last week, everything went well the car looks really nice, I drove slowy in the city and it was comfy and smooth feels softer than stock, today I went out to test the springs on higher speed - average speed was 100-140Km/hr the ride was REALLY BAD!

IT IS JUMPY as wukur said I can feel that the car has lost it's handling capabilities compared to the stock springs, I use to drive up to 240km/hr with the stock springs, but now I don't have that confident anymore.

My mom's '08VW Touareg on sports mode susp. was much more comfy than my X6 with H&R springs on, I compared it through the same road the other day.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2010, 02:31 PM   #9
LANDLORD
Turbo Engines are Fun
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6M Monte Carlo Blue

When you change ANY component in the suspension, you upset the finely tuned factory computer settings. All the components have mass and physical forces that are tuned by the factory engineers into the computer that is adjusting the shocks and swaybars. Part of what you are paying for with these cars is the handling package. I read somewhere that the shocks are adjusting 400 times a second.

With any modern performance car you must remember that it takes computers and countless hours of engineering to make the performance so good. You must respect that effort and realize that if you change a component, without the ability to readjust the computer settings, the performance will probably suffer.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2010, 03:15 PM   #10
archwerks
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: x6 3.5i VR

If u paint the lily...

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/insights/t...ticle=flex_ray
Yes indeed.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2010, 03:13 AM   #11
Rayvkt
Private
Laos
Rep

Garage List
I guess I'll have to cope with that, until our gov. have money to fix the roads.
Appreciate 0