XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

11-20-2009, 09:27 AM   #1
scottyv
Modding Master
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6 5.0

BMW FS Passes the buck on $2500 promo

I took delivery on my new X6 last week. Yep, I love it.

However, I am leasing this car and found out about the $2500 2010 promo yesterday.

Now I ordered the car prior to the sale but it was delivered after this was announced (Nov 3). My dealer never mentioned this promo, imagine that.....

Should I still be able to get this promo for my car, BMW FS said they could give no help and I have to ask the dealer if they would do it.

I found this strnge don't they (BMW FS) set the rules?? Why can't they say here the rules you do/don't qualify???

I know how F & I works = crooks, so I know what their answer would be, if left for the dealer to decide on their terms.

I got over 4500 off on my car and it was an ok deal, but if I am entitled to more it sure would be nice.

Can anyone give me any insight as to how to handle this??
2010 Alpine White X6 5.0 with Oyster Leather / Dark Wood Trim -- Sport Package with 20" Style 259 Wheels, Premium Pkg, Premium Sound, 7RR Performance Pkg, Active Steering, Running Boards, Rear View Cam & Top view, Cold Weather Pkg, Rear Climate Pkg, Comfort Access, Space Saver Spare, Sat Radio, Smartphone Integration
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2009, 10:09 AM   #2
jcarmic
Rep
Drives: 2019 x7 50i Carbon Black

I was in a similar situation, but my dealership actually did include it, without me even mentioning it. I also got close to $10k off the MSRP, so I'd say they should have provided that to you.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2009, 10:48 AM   #3
scottyv
Modding Master
United_States
Rep

My delaer just ran the numbers for me: They said

1) They new about the promo (didn't tell me because it made no significant difference).

2) They ran the numbers & the money factor rates changed with the new promo from like 2.3 - 2.8 and it would not make any difference (within $1/month of my deal). So basically they said this deal would not be any benefit?

With all the smoke & mirrors of leases I don't know what to make of this.
2010 Alpine White X6 5.0 with Oyster Leather / Dark Wood Trim -- Sport Package with 20" Style 259 Wheels, Premium Pkg, Premium Sound, 7RR Performance Pkg, Active Steering, Running Boards, Rear View Cam & Top view, Cold Weather Pkg, Rear Climate Pkg, Comfort Access, Space Saver Spare, Sat Radio, Smartphone Integration
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2009, 11:23 AM   #4
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

They provided me with the $2500 and it did make a significant difference. Lowered my payments almost $30.00 per month. The money factor when I ordered was like .00175 ... They also were taking a leased car off my hands and making the last payment. The car came in a month early so I had to pay the 2nd to last month on a car I wasn't driving but they made up the difference by providing me the $30.00 difference per month over 36 months which was approximately $1,000.00 over 36 months. The fact that they didn't even mention it is ridiculous. If you already signed everything then it is a done deal and there is nothing you can do about it. But if you haven't yet. I would look a little deeper into the situation. You can find the current leasing numbers here...

Here is Octobers lease rates when I ordered my X6 50i ... factor was .00175 for 36 months

http://www.ridewithg.com/index.php/2...-october-2009/

Septembers (Unchanged)

http://www.ridewithg.com/index.php/2...eptember-2009/

Novembers

Rates went up... but don't see .0028 anywhere

http://www.ridewithg.com/index.php/2...november-2009/
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2009, 02:04 PM   #5
scottyv
Modding Master
United_States
Rep

Garbage thanks a lot.

I kinda feel a little cheated but we'll see thanks to your numbers.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2009, 02:13 PM   #6
scottyv
Modding Master
United_States
Rep

I did a 12k/year lease and I'm only seeing 15k a year numbers on this link so I can't compare exactly.

Looks like the money factor rates went up, I know my residual for a 12k was 60% so I'm wondering if the money factor is the same for a 12k as 15/year?

If it is the I should be able to have someone run my deal as I have cap cost & everything else I need??
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2009, 03:33 PM   #7
Bavorak
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 X6 xdrive35i/ P-car

My dealer told me that you are entitled to any promo's available at the time of delivery.

If you order a car the current deals dont apply if you will be taking delivery 3 months out, went throught this on another car when tey had 8K off for cash purchase, dealer said they will probably extend the offer for one month but for 3 very doubtfull.

This sucks because when I got mine in October ther were no promos or rate breaks at the time.

In otherwords, you ARE entitled to the 2500 rebate. GL
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2009, 03:57 PM   #8
scottyv
Modding Master
United_States
Rep

gotta get the money rates for the 12k in november so i can run the lease myself and then go in fully informed with solid numbers

it would be nice to pull this out if they feed me more bs

"Ummm...... actually these are the numbers fellas"

thanks for all the forum support guys
Appreciate 0