XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

11-12-2009, 03:00 AM   #1
x838nwy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: nothing right now...

Autocar - first drive of the X6M

Read what they have to say...

I particularly like the fact that for some reason they seem to want it to 'feel' faster. (IMO, if a car feels fast even though it's not actually going fast, it's a sign of a flaw in its engineering.) May be a Honda Civiv with a fart can is the answer after all.

And when they say "There are more talented saloons, estates and even SUVs available for much less than the X6 M..." which SUV are they talking about? On paper at least, the X6M out guns even the Cayenne Turbo (4.8) so... umm... yeah... and anyway, even if they're talking about driver involvement, "for much less"??? huh?

It's amazing how much crap they car write and get away with it.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2009, 06:30 AM   #2
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

Should read their review of the FX 50 S... How amazing it is.. and how fast and practical. ITS THE EXACT SAME BODY TYPE.... People have had a bug up their ass about the X6 and it probably won't change for some time. They had the same problem with the new 5 series.. and 7 series. They even made a huge deal of the ML when Mercedes released it.

Times are a changin...
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2009, 10:49 AM   #3
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

There just seems to be BMW envy, everyone compares their car to BMW (even in their ads which I think is dumb). BMW and Mercedes engineer some of the best cars around and have for over 50 years, this is the reason they can charge premium prices.

The car mags just seem to hate the X6 even though they can't find anything really wrong with it (other than it performs like a sports car and weighs 5200 pounds), guess they just don't like the idea that BMW thought of it.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2009, 07:33 PM   #4
archwerks
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: x6 3.5i VR

Resistance is Futile!

The philistines resisted when the Cayenne came out.
They resist now about the x6.
Read my thread about sales figures of Cayenne vs. x6.
Tho the month of available sales data is sept. '09 vs oct '09. I think the #'s speak for themselves.
X6 w/ 2 models ( don't know if m versions r included) for oct. '09 = 494 units since debut 16 months ago.
Cayenne for Sept.'09 w/Std.Cayenne, Cayenne S, Cayenne Turbo & TurboS & GTS=535 units since debut in 2000.

494 vs. 535 in 17 months. Let the philistines opine as much as they want, everyone is free to xpress their view.
BMW will soon be having last laugh at the bank, just like Porsche back in 2000.
Appreciate 0