XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

04-14-2016, 06:29 PM   #23
Dchl21
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: x5m / E55 / C63

congratz vazha. you never mess around .. good job !!!

and for the people who don't have leather dash ... don't worry ... once you got them for a while while .... you stop noticing its even there ... lol
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2016, 10:26 AM   #24
TheVazha
Major
Rep
Drives: X5Mmmkay.

Hi!

The paint is still "new" and in decent shape so I hit it with the 36V and the orange pad with a Torqs(?) Polisher. It got rid of all the tiny spidering from washes and details. Obviously followed up with a good carnauba wax to seal the paint. I love my ride spotless but it's a dual edge sword. The more you wash it, no matter how careful you are to use the best towels and products, you will get those tiny scratches and swirl marks you talk about. I saw your sunglass thread. It's a nifty mod but I have 3-4 pairs of sunglasses floating around the car. It wouldn't be fair to the rest if only one got a storage space. :

The MC seats are insane! That would really set it off and if I see a set for sale I'm buying!

As far as forgetting the dash is there, you're right. The initial buzz has already worn off but still there's something nice about looking down and seeing that sea of leather stitching!
      04-15-2016, 12:05 PM   #25
Dchl21
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: x5m / E55 / C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVazha View Post
Hi!

The paint is still "new" and in decent shape so I hit it with the 36V and the orange pad with a Torqs(?) Polisher. It got rid of all the tiny spidering from washes and details. Obviously followed up with a good carnauba wax to seal the paint. I love my ride spotless but it's a dual edge sword. The more you wash it, no matter how careful you are to use the best towels and products, you will get those tiny scratches and swirl marks you talk about. I saw your sunglass thread. It's a nifty mod but I have 3-4 pairs of sunglasses floating around the car. It wouldn't be fair to the rest if only one got a storage space. :

The MC seats are insane! That would really set it off and if I see a set for sale I'm buying!

As far as forgetting the dash is there, you're right. The initial buzz has already worn off but still there's something nice about looking down and seeing that sea of leather stitching!
for sure its nice brother. you still got that w212 e63 ?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2016, 02:02 PM   #26
TheVazha
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dchl21
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVazha View Post
Hi!

for sure its nice brother. you still got that w212 e63 ?
Unfortunately not, had to sell it to buy the X5..

I'm hoping to find a low mileage E55 again and do that all over. Wanna gut it and make it a track car that I'll never take to the track. Lol
      09-13-2016, 08:36 AM   #27
Gatoferoz25
BeastM3r
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 COMP

Hey brother u forgot about me :
      09-13-2016, 09:38 AM   #28
badge1
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW X5 M

Looks great. Do you have pics from before? Curious to see. Didn't know you could get non-leather trim on an ///M.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 10:18 AM   #29
Cattivo
FDNY Engine 55
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M, X5 50i Msport, EscaHoe

I have the leather dash and multi contour seats in both my X5's...I still don't get how BMW let any M roll out of the showroom w/o those options
      09-13-2016, 11:58 AM   #30
pers785
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

What's the cost of this upgrade if you don't mind me asking?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 07:59 AM   #31
pers785
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

Has anyone else done this or looked into the cost of having this done? Looks awesome.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 07:05 PM   #32
TheVazha
Major
Rep

The hardest part is sourcing the dash. They cost around 2K new, and if you can find one used they're a bargain (compared to new) as there's almost no market for it. The hard part is that used ones come off of trucks that have been totaled, do the dash is typically torn up from the airbags.

So if you are able to find one off a truck that has not been in a wreck, you need to figure out how to get it installed. I've called around and the best price I got was $900 from an Indy. It wasn't much different at the dealer so I just had the dealership do it.

Gato, I have some cf parts sitting in my office just collecting dust, do you still need? Just send me your damn address and I'll get them out to you ASAP!
      09-27-2016, 01:34 PM   #33
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by pers785
Has anyone else done this or looked into the cost of having this done? Looks awesome.
Don't forget the doors also have the matching leather so it works with the dash, if having that mismatch doesn't bother you go for it.

Otherwise see if you can find a complete interior, it will cost more but look factory.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2016, 04:15 PM   #34
Gatoferoz25
BeastM3r
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVazha
The hardest part is sourcing the dash. They cost around 2K new, and if you can find one used they're a bargain (compared to new) as there's almost no market for it. The hard part is that used ones come off of trucks that have been totaled, do the dash is typically torn up from the airbags.

So if you are able to find one off a truck that has not been in a wreck, you need to figure out how to get it installed. I've called around and the best price I got was $900 from an Indy. It wasn't much different at the dealer so I just had the dealership do it.

Gato, I have some cf parts sitting in my office just collecting dust, do you still need? Just send me your damn address and I'll get them out to you ASAP!
Hey brother I texted u about the parts and even sent u my address lol
Get back to me please 2016586969 thanks
In love with the dash
      09-28-2016, 01:52 AM   #35
TheVazha
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoferoz25
Quote:

In love with the dash
Parts on the way this week!
      09-28-2016, 07:39 AM   #36
Gatoferoz25
BeastM3r
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoferoz25
Quote:

In love with the dash
Parts on the way this week!