XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

02-09-2019, 10:25 AM   #1
Movado750
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 M Sport

2012 X5 M Sport w/Dinan II tune, ignition coils

I have the above car and it goes into reduced power mode every time you get on it or it is in a low rpm. If I run it in DS mode or manual it will run ok until I get on it again and it will go into reduced power BS. It throughs the ignition coil code and P0302. Replace it again and it lasts for a bit.

Questions is could the tune have something to do with it? Could the tune need to be adjusted?

It has 82k on it and has the Dinan exhaust also. For $275 I can replaced all the coils and spark plugs. Do all the filters, MAF, etc.

Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2019, 05:01 PM   #2
Molez93
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M, 2001 740i

Seldom, if ever, have I read about any such issues with a Velos tune. If that's who you have, I'd bet the problem lies elsewhere.

All I can suggest is looking for something besides what you have tried so far (no amazing insight there... I'm sorry).

From what I've read of others' experience, a more specific, BMW system code analysis (not like it needs to be BMW- Rheingold USA is popular) would probably help a lot. If you're using a generic OBDII reader, they usually don't give us much to go on.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2019, 09:06 PM   #3
9vapors
Major
Rep
Drives: CB X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movado750 View Post
I have the above car and it goes into reduced power mode every time you get on it or it is in a low rpm. If I run it in DS mode or manual it will run ok until I get on it again and it will go into reduced power BS. It throughs the ignition coil code and P0302. Replace it again and it lasts for a bit.

Questions is could the tune have something to do with it? Could the tune need to be adjusted?

It has 82k on it and has the Dinan exhaust also. For $275 I can replaced all the coils and spark plugs. Do all the filters, MAF, etc.

Any thoughts?
If it's an X5M, you don't have a MAF... As Molez said, you can have the dealer run the diagnostics and test the injectors, coils etc. or if you or someone you know has the software and scanner to do it.

I would say since it's a single cyl misfire, that it's not the tune most likely the usual suspects, injector, plugs or coil.
Appreciate 0