XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

04-25-2024, 02:04 AM   #1
j1vyk
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 E70

Question X5 E70 Wing Mirror Glass damaged and motor issue

Hi, on my 57 plate E70 X5M 35d, the passenger (near) side wing mirror glass is damaged. I'm not sure how to describe the damage but the (anti-glare?) coating seems to have "dissipated" and is now becoming difficult to see anything.

In addition the mirror motor doesn't appear to be fully working. The controls will move the mirror left/right but not up/down. As a consequence the mirror does not adjust when the reverse gear is activated.

Would like to know if the two issues could be related and how best to fix. Will a new mirror glass suffice? Do I also need a new mirror motor? Any advice on where to buy cost effective parts? I did call my local BMW dealer to enquire about mirror glass and the price was extortionate - over 300 pounds. Compatible part is available on Eurocar Parts for less than 100 pounds.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by j1vyk; 05-02-2024 at 02:44 AM.. Reason: Adding a photo
Appreciate 0