XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

04-15-2008, 09:12 AM   #1
Suzie's Dad
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: ML550/AMG

Canadian Prices

Canadian prices as of April 14, 2008:

X6 xDrive 35i: $63,900
X6 xDrive 50i: $78,100 (available late summer)

Packages:
Technology Package: $3,100 (included in the 50i)
Premium Package: $2,200
Sport Package: $2,200 (includes 20-inch wheels)

All other packages are the same as for the X5:
Activity Package: $1,300
Premium Sound Package: $2,000
Rear Climate Package: $1,200

Individual options include:
Active Steering: $1,500 (same as X5)
Auto tailgate: $600
Manual side sunshades: $250 (same as the X5)
SIRIUS: $650
Rear Entertainment: $1,950 (same as X5)
USB: $350 (same as X5)
Comfort Seats: $1,000 (same as X5)

Base price includes the cold weather package ($900 option in the US). The base vehicle must include something in the US Sport Package, because their price for the package is $3,600, plus another $950 for 20-inch wheels. (But on further investigation, it turns out Adaptive Drive is included with the US Sport Package and isn't mentioned in my Canadian material -- maybe that's why the difference in price.)

The Canadian list makes no mention of active ventilated seats, soft close doors, or heads up display. I don't know whether this means these things are not offered or just not included in the initial price sheet.

There is an interesting item called 'ZSP -- Special Orders' at $400 "administrative fee for ordering special colours, interiors, or equipment". There is no further explanation.

If I am correct in deducing that the Canadian vehicles have some $3,300 of equipment as standard over and above US vehicles, then Canadian prices are about 15-percent above US. Our dollars are pretty much at par. Go figure.

Don't forget to add in $1,000 to $2,000 "green" tax, freight and PDI of typically $1,500 to $2,000, "mandatory dealer charges" (invisible bra, so-called documentation fee, etc.), and you've built yourself a nice expensive vehicle!

Last edited by Suzie's Dad; 04-16-2008 at 06:30 PM.. Reason: Found out more
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2008, 12:47 PM   #2
KJ
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 - Alpine White

Hi SD,

Did you get a chance to look at the Canadian X6 brochure yet?

It appears that the "Package Prices" you got here, don't match the available packages in the Brochure for the X6.

i.e. some packages in the brochure have no pricing here. And many packages for the 35i have more options than the same package for the 50i since the 50i comes with more standard features (and therefore the package would be lower in price for the 50i)

- KJ
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2008, 01:22 PM   #3
Suzie's Dad
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

KJ:

No, I haven't seen the brochure. My dealer still doesn't have any. But he is taking orders for the 35i based on the packages and prices above. There are quite a lot of differences from the US configurations; are you sure you don't have a US brochure? It is easy to tell: if the brochure mentions a Cold Weather Package, then it is American as we don't have that Package in Canada (most of what is in it is standard here). If the brochure talks about an Activity Package, then it is Canadian. The Activity Package is a stupid grouping of four completely unrelated items: running boards, ski bag, storage compartment package, and headlamp washers. Sometimes you have to wonder what kind of genius twerps actually run BMW Canada. "Oh, you want clean headlights? Then you have to have running boards. You want to stop groceries tumbling around in the trunk? You need running boards for that, too."

I did discover the meaning of the $400 Special Order item. It means that if you pick a package and delete one item from it (eg: you select the Activity Package but delete running boards), then you not only get no price reduction but you also pay an extra $400! As I said, sometimes you have to wonder about the people at BMW Canada...

The pricing info is in a memo to all dealers, dated April 14, and headed "MY08 Pricing -- BMW X6". The information and packages in it are consistent with the previous "2008 Product Planning Bulletin" dated February 21. Your dealer will have copies of both. These are the two documents the dealer uses for ordering. If there are significant differences from the brochure, then I am looking forward to seeing the brochure!
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2008, 05:05 PM   #4
Suzie's Dad
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

I just found out that the Dynamic Handling Package (Active Steering and Adapative Drive) and Heads-up display will be options exclusive to the 50i. No $$ yet.

Last edited by Suzie's Dad; 04-16-2008 at 06:27 PM..
Appreciate 0