XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

10-25-2011, 11:00 AM   #1
X6Amy
Private
Rep
Drives: X6 40d

Dead X6

Anyone love their X6 so much that they spend such a long time cleaning and drain the battery?

Ha, I did, cleaning and detailing on the drive for a whole day tucked her in the Garage after I had finished and went to get her out later in the week, completely lifeless!! Well she made a funny mechanical sad noise and then died...

BMW sent someone out and gave the battery a boost almost had a mini heart attack when he told me the battery is in the boot, (looked at car reversed in garage against a brick wall and thought hmmm thats going to be an issue). Apparently there are connectors at the front though.

He said it is a very common error when cleaning not to take into consideration all the power used if the radio is on etc considering how many interior lights it has not forgetting the ones on the door handles.

She started up pretty quick and I took her for a quick spin to pump some juice back into the battery the power steering was however down and gosh that was difficult to steer! Every light imaginable was lit on the dash as well which was a little worrying but she sorted her self out as soon as I put my foot down.

Lesion learnt I guess!
      10-25-2011, 09:14 PM   #2
m 135
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Gtr,135i,M235i,XR6 turbo

I thought the lights pretty much went off after a short period?
A little surprised you did not know the battery was in the boot,thought you might have looked in there when you purchased to see spare wheel etc,plus there is a latch to pull up,who cannot resist pulling up a latch to look inside,could be treasure
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2011, 03:10 AM   #3
X6Amy
Private
Rep
Drives: X6 40d

All Aesthetics me! Let the men deal with the dirty work!

No spare wheel when the car comes with Run flats, only space to lock my shopping in.
      10-27-2011, 09:05 AM   #4
m 135
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Gtr,135i,M235i,XR6 turbo

Mine came with spare even though i have run-flats,i think it is included in all oz x6 models.
Appreciate 0