XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > X5 Photo/Video/Audio Gallery

11-26-2014, 12:09 PM   #23
Gatoferoz25
BeastM3r
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 COMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz
After a long and winding search for a specific X5 model/year/color combo/package configuration, it finally showed up last week in CA. Once the docs were signed it was loaded onto a transport to Seattle. Thanks to all of you who helped answer my many questions over the past several months.

2012 xDrive50i - 29K miles, CPO until 9/2017
Alpine White/Cinnamon/Bamboo
M Sport w/ 20's
Premium
Cold Weather
Active Steering
Multi-Contour Seats
3rd Row Seats
BMW Apps

I'm not much for mods but I do have the following 2 items arriving this week -
-New X5M tri-stitch steering wheel w/ paddles (my 2012 is a June 2011 build, so no paddles)
-iND painted front reflectors

Just a few iPhone pics on the transport - I need to get it cleaned up and then I'll take some better photos. And I did remove that hideous front plate and mount, even though it's required in WA state.

Bro just wonder where did u buy that M steering wheel from and what year cuze I want to do same conversion as U but can't find a wheel like this also need to know if the heated wheel will work even if u didn't had that option before
      11-26-2014, 12:41 PM   #24
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoferoz25 View Post
Bro just wonder where did u buy that M steering wheel from and what year cuze I want to do same conversion as U but can't find a wheel like this also need to know if the heated wheel will work even if u didn't had that option before
I bought it from another member on this site who had it listed in the classifieds. I was really fortunate to find it as I've never found a vendor/website that sells them.

Try calling Tischer (www.getbmwparts.com) - I'm sure they can get one for you but expect to pay $1200+. That's what I've heard they cost going that route, which makes sense if you add up the prices of each component. Each paddle is something like $300+ dollars? Then you've got the actual steering wheel, the upper trim, lower trim, airbag harness, wiring harness…

Not sure on the heated feature but I highly doubt you can swap on a heated wheel and have it work if you didn't have one before. At least not without some custom wiring, possible coding? Not sure on that…

Edit - here's one on eBay right now (non-heated) -
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-X5-E70-X...0b76a8&vxp=mtr

Last edited by jiggz; 11-26-2014 at 01:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2014, 05:55 PM   #25
Gatoferoz25
BeastM3r
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I bought it from another member on this site who had it listed in the classifieds. I was really fortunate to find it as I've never found a vendor/website that sells them.

Try calling Tischer (www.getbmwparts.com) - I'm sure they can get one for you but expect to pay $1200+. That's what I've heard they cost going that route, which makes sense if you add up the prices of each component. Each paddle is something like $300+ dollars? Then you've got the actual steering wheel, the upper trim, lower trim, airbag harness, wiring harness…

Not sure on the heated feature but I highly doubt you can swap on a heated wheel and have it work if you didn't have one before. At least not without some custom wiring, possible coding? Not sure on that…

Edit - here's one on eBay right now (non-heated) -
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-X5-E70-X...0b76a8&vxp=mtr
Wow bro that's cool thanks a lot..!
I saw that one already but is from Germany Idk what to do should I pull the trigger.
Another thing I was concerning its the M button what that does since I don't have the option that was existing on my M-Sport ?
      11-26-2014, 10:00 PM   #26
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Quote:
I saw that one already but is from Germany Idk what to do should I pull the trigger.
Another thing I was concerning its the M button what that does since I don't have the option that was existing on my M-Sport ?
I don't buy much of anything off eBay but I personally wouldn't be as concerned where it was coming from vs. who was selling it and their rating/feedback. This one is being sold by a reputable seller. And honestly it's coming from Germany...that's where it should be coming from right! I'd be concerned if it was coming from China Price seems pretty good to me as well.

Good question on the buttons. So when you swap in the X5M wheel, everything will still work just as it does now on your M Sport, but 2 of your button logos will no longer match their corresponding function. I'm referring to the 2 buttons closest to the airbag on the right side.

M Sport wheel -
*Upper button is the CD logo button. This switches back and forth between radio and your AUX input
*Lower button is the air re-circulation button

X5M wheel -
*Upper button is the M mode button
*Lower button is the CD logo button

So...when you swap the X5M wheel on, it's pretty simple. The wiring doesn't change so here's what you'll experience...
*M mode button is now your music input button, same as the CD button before
*The CD button is now your air re-circulation button.

Make sense?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2014, 12:46 PM   #27
Gatoferoz25
BeastM3r
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I don't buy much of anything off eBay but I personally wouldn't be as concerned where it was coming from vs. who was selling it and their rating/feedback. This one is being sold by a reputable seller. And honestly it's coming from Germany...that's where it should be coming from right! I'd be concerned if it was coming from China Price seems pretty good to me as well.

Good question on the buttons. So when you swap in the X5M wheel, everything will still work just as it does now on your M Sport, but 2 of your button logos will no longer match their corresponding function. I'm referring to the 2 buttons closest to the airbag on the right side.

M Sport wheel -
*Upper button is the CD logo button. This switches back and forth between radio and your AUX input
*Lower button is the air re-circulation button

X5M wheel -
*Upper button is the M mode button
*Lower button is the CD logo button

So...when you swap the X5M wheel on, it's pretty simple. The wiring doesn't change so here's what you'll experience...
*M mode button is now your music input button, same as the CD button before
*The CD button is now your air re-circulation button.

Make sense?
Gotcha brotha appreciate that fact that u took time to write every detail of what I needed to know thanks a lot