XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

09-15-2009, 04:38 AM   #1
Georgepascal
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 3.5d

ACM vs Advanced DVD system

I have installed the advanced dvd system (european version, i.e one with 2x7" TFT screens mounted on the backseats). The DVD is operated only via the 2 infrared Remote controls. I found that very difficult & dangerous while driving to try and operate the dvd. The dealer reccomend me to install the ACM (accessory control menu) in order to be able to control the unit through idrive and the front central screen. Any suggestions? anybody tried it? How 'complicate' is the installation of the DVD? Can i do it myself?
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2009, 06:16 AM   #2
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

I have no idea what the answer to your question is, but can you post pics of the screens? I have seen it on the brouchure somewhere previously, but never again after that. How does it work? Is there a DVD player behind each of the screen? How much? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2009, 10:27 PM   #3
Alex Kuk
Belarus
Rep
Drives: X6 35d

Garage List
2002 MB SL500  [0.00]
2008 BMW X6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgepascal View Post
I have installed the advanced dvd system (european version, i.e one with 2x7" TFT screens mounted on the backseats). The DVD is operated only via the 2 infrared Remote controls. I found that very difficult & dangerous while driving to try and operate the dvd. The dealer reccomend me to install the ACM (accessory control menu) in order to be able to control the unit through idrive and the front central screen. Any suggestions? anybody tried it? How 'complicate' is the installation of the DVD? Can i do it myself?
hi. i have installed acm and usb video module for acm.
but i don't understand your target. if you have dvd for back passengers, why is it dangerous for you? If you need dvd on board monitor, you can install original dvd player.
Appreciate 0