E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > 335xi big boost leak at rear of engine??

03-13-2024, 01:28 PM   #1
Beasters
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335ix 6 Speed Manual

335xi big boost leak at rear of engine??

Hi guys, I just recently purchased a 2008 335xi with the N54 engine. Previous owner installed front and rear inlets… I believe he told me he purchased 2” inlets and used adapters.. car is on stock turbos.

I did a boost leak test today and I can hear a big leak at the rear of the engine. (see video)

I can hear this leak with only 5 psi.. I cant easily find the connection point near the rear passenger side of the car to spray soapy water or put my hand on the connection.

I have gone into boost many times in the past week since I purchased the car and no check engine lights or anything.

The car is on MHD stage 2 and peak boost was about 14 psi when driving the car. Please let me know your thoughts on this.

P.S. one other possibility is I’m doing the test wrong? I blocked off both intakes and blocked off the pcv valve at the middle rear of engine. Don’t think so but I almost hope this is the case

Any help or thoughts would be great. Thanks!
Appreciate 0