E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > 2E0F and 2DD0 codes

03-09-2024, 04:19 PM   #1
ajgrothn55
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335xi

2E0F and 2DD0 codes

I have a 2E0F code that is active, even after erasing codes, and then 2DD0 code that’s inactive after I cleared the codes, but I’m sure it will come back on. The 2E0F says Valvetronic system: deactivated, adjustment fault too frequent. The 2DD0 code says Valvetronic system: warning threshold value, feedback control deviation exceeded. The car is tuned stage 2+ with mhd will the mods necessary, and I haven’t had any problems with the car for months. Does anyone know what these codes could mean? And is my car safe to drive with these on?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2024, 09:58 AM   #2
scotthilly
scotthilly
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajgrothn55 View Post
I have a 2E0F code that is active, even after erasing codes, and then 2DD0 code that’s inactive after I cleared the codes, but I’m sure it will come back on. The 2E0F says Valvetronic system: deactivated, adjustment fault too frequent. The 2DD0 code says Valvetronic system: warning threshold value, feedback control deviation exceeded. The car is tuned stage 2+ with mhd will the mods necessary, and I haven’t had any problems with the car for months. Does anyone know what these codes could mean? And is my car safe to drive with these on?
I just had 2EOF and 2DCE, and my car is in the shop right now while they replace the eccentric shaft sensor / motor. When the Valvetronic is turned off, it defaults to the throttle bodies and is perfectly safe to drive.

With that said, I would not do hard driving or let it go an extended period of time especially on Stage 2. You'll likely experience some rough starts or idles as well.

Do you have any clicking when you turn ignition (not engine) on? That's in other threads and is usually not a good sign.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2024, 09:59 AM   #3
ajgrothn55
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335xi

I had a shop reset the code and test the valvetronic, they said it passed the test and it shouldn’t have a problem again, they said if it does then I have to replace the actuator and the eccentric shaft
Appreciate 0