XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

06-13-2012, 09:38 AM   #1
atc5
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C, Bolt, 98 Type R

Exhaust Flapper Actuator - Anyone know if it is controlled by a fuse

Curious if anyone knows if there is a fuse that can be pulled to keep the exhaust flappers open all the time.

The flappers are actuator controlled so I suspect there is some way to do it electronically.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 05:23 PM   #2
L.A.S.
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M4

I was sure that another forum member would respond to you before I did. Of course no one did because most of the X5 forum members don't seem to understand the point of the forum (chat, discuss, help).

This is an incredible mod and everyone who actually likes their X5 should do it. Except for those who have after market exhaust. There doesn't seem to be a fuse that you can unplug so you have to remove the Exhaust Flapper Actuator. The BMS JB3 Stage 2 for the N55 has the ability to open the flap electronically, but there doesn't seem to be a Stage 2 for the N55 X5.

Removing the Exhaust Flapper Actuator is very easy and should only take 15 min. There is a DIY of this forum actually. Essentially it's the "Golf Tee Mod" Version 2.0
It will make a huge difference to the sound. More grumble in low RMPs, and more satisfying over all. If you are 16 and want everyone to hear you coming then AM exhaust may work better. Not saying there is anything wrong with that though.
Here is the link:
http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showt...t=golf+tee+mod
Appreciate 1
vaf1.50
      06-20-2012, 08:25 AM   #3
StephansonTieu
X5 Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: 2001 BMW x5 3.0i

Garage List
2001 BMW X5  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.S. View Post
I was sure that another forum member would respond to you before I did. Of course no one did because most of the X5 forum members don't seem to understand the point of the forum (chat, discuss, help).

This is an incredible mod and everyone who actually likes their X5 should do it. Except for those who have after market exhaust. There doesn't seem to be a fuse that you can unplug so you have to remove the Exhaust Flapper Actuator. The BMS JB3 Stage 2 for the N55 has the ability to open the flap electronically, but there doesn't seem to be a Stage 2 for the N55 X5.

Removing the Exhaust Flapper Actuator is very easy and should only take 15 min. There is a DIY of this forum actually. Essentially it's the "Golf Tee Mod" Version 2.0
It will make a huge difference to the sound. More grumble in low RMPs, and more satisfying over all. If you are 16 and want everyone to hear you coming then AM exhaust may work better. Not saying there is anything wrong with that though.
Here is the link:
http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showt...t=golf+tee+mod
Agreed, i made a post, and many views, but no reply yet D:
Appreciate 0