XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

04-12-2024, 09:30 PM   #7745
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i; Kia EV6 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Addicted View Post
Global monthly atmospheric sulphur hexafluoride levels
the main cause of CO2 rise is human population and deforestation

the best way to stop CO2 rise is reduce human population and plant continents worth of forest

does CO2 cause climate change - nobody knows for sure but let's say it does, then the solution is the above

meanwhile i drive an EV and a V8, and had a vasectomy at 3 kids
Appreciate 1
lakefront566.50
      04-13-2024, 08:01 AM   #7746
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by murderspice View Post
What the fuck does that have to do with anything?
If you had any idea of what is required to own and maintain a horse, you'd realize how stupid the shit is you've been saying about the early push-back against the "horseless carriage".
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 1
      04-13-2024, 08:04 AM   #7747
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yup, happens all the time in Amish country

Upstate New York Woman Killed in Tragic Amish Buggy Crash

A pick-up truck, driven by 31 year-old John Leathly of Chittenango, ran into the back of an Amish buggy on County Route 41 in the town of Richland, Oswego County on Sunday, June 6.

This isn't the first fatal Amish buggy crash in Upstate New York. One man was killed and another was injured in a fatal crash in Gouverneur, New York.
How does that even happen?

Texting while driving I guess?
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 2
eugenebmw1585.00
      04-13-2024, 08:49 AM   #7748
KRS_SN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: IX,G07

Garage List
2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [8.50]
IX  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by G30M View Post
Popular opinion indicates that vasectomy is a prerequisite for going ev like soy latte etc
Appreciate 3
      04-13-2024, 09:45 AM   #7749
Schn3ll
Captain
Rep
Drives: '24 Carrera T

Garage List
2009 135  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by G30M View Post
the main cause of CO2 rise is human population and deforestation

the best way to stop CO2 rise is reduce human population and plant continents worth of forest

does CO2 cause climate change - nobody knows for sure but let's say it does, then the solution is the above

We know more CO2 causes plants to thrive.

And we also know CO2 is only 0.04% of the earth's atmosphere and at 0.02% all life on earth dies.

Personally I think most have no clue what CO2 even is, yet they make it their life's mission to reduce it. Some might call those people "useful idiots" even.
Appreciate 3
      04-13-2024, 10:47 AM   #7750
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schn3ll View Post
We know more CO2 causes plants to thrive.

And we also know CO2 is only 0.04% of the earth's atmosphere and at 0.02% all life on earth dies.

Personally I think most have no clue what CO2 even is, yet they make it their life's mission to reduce it. Some might call those people "useful idiots" even.
It's not quite that simple, look up where most of the O2 comes from and how the ocean is connected to it all.
      04-13-2024, 01:13 PM   #7751
Car-Addicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M4 CS

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [9.88]
If you haven't got it yet you most likely never will.

96 percent of the earth’s species were extinguished at the close of the Permian period (252 million years ago -MYA). The extinction interval is fairly short (thousands of years) and recovery began within a few million years of extinction.

Figure 3 is a graph of the global carbon dioxide (CO2) and temperature curves for the last 600 MY. The end of Permian extinction occurred at the close of a long period of very low CO2 and temperature values during deep global cooling associated with an ice age.

During late Carboniferous and Permian time atmospheric content of CO2 hit rock bottom at less than 300 ppm. This was also a period of cyclical ice ages with global glaciation. Fig. 3 shows that during this period temperature, also, was at historic lows. The cold oceans sequestered additional CO2 from the atmosphere stressing all plants, marine and land, a tipping point was reached where the plants died, the food chain collapsed and 96% of earth’s species became extinct.

If we examine Fig. 3 closely, it is obvious that the current status of temperature and CO2 is very similar to the end of Permian time and the extinction event; therefore, we are vulnerable to the same demise.

Yes by all mean continue defining CO2 as the reason for climate change because it is. It is the reason you are still alive.
Appreciate 2
Efthreeoh17466.50
      04-13-2024, 04:17 PM   #7752
Car-Addicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [9.88]
Chinese Electric Cars Are Clogging European Ports: Report
Apr 13, 2024
European ports accuse Chinese carmakers of using them as 'car parks' for their excess inventories.

Appreciate 2
eugenebmw1585.00
      04-13-2024, 04:41 PM   #7753
Weather Man
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition AWD

Quote:
Apr 13, 2024
European ports accuse Chinese carmakers of using them as 'car parks' for their excess inventories.

Well, they run buy one get one free EV sales in Chyna, why not the EU?
Appreciate 2
eugenebmw1585.00
      04-13-2024, 04:48 PM   #7754
murderspice
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
If you had any idea of what is required to own and maintain a horse, you'd realize how stupid the shit is you've been saying about the early push-back against the "horseless carriage".
How so? Do you have to gas them up instead of plug them in?

Its the same thing; reactionaries reacting.

Last edited by murderspice; 04-13-2024 at 07:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2024, 05:29 PM   #7755
Car-Addicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [9.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weather Man View Post
Well, they run buy one get one free EV sales in Chyna, why not the EU?
Nothing like communists in control of the "means of production" to over produce. Maybe they can toss a car in with all those apartments in China’s Uninhabited Ghost Cities?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2024, 12:01 AM   #7756
tahoeacr
Private
Rep
Drives: 23 M240IX

Quote:
How does that even happen?

Texting while driving I guess?
It happens because you have a buggy traveling at what, 15 mph maybe? On any road they please in the middle of the lane. Just stupid.
Back in 2000 I was a wrench for a motorcycle race team. Also drove one of the semis. Cutting up through Indiana on a two lane 55 mph road I come around a blind corner and there is one right in front of me. God was with him that day. No on coming traffic. I swerve into the other lane and blow past him. Must have been nerve racking for him.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2024, 06:33 AM   #7757
crAbb
As above, so it is below
Rep
Drives: M340i

Attached Images

Appreciate 4
      04-14-2024, 06:35 AM   #7758
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoeacr View Post
It happens because you have a buggy traveling at what, 15 mph maybe? On any road they please in the middle of the lane. Just stupid.
Back in 2000 I was a wrench for a motorcycle race team. Also drove one of the semis. Cutting up through Indiana on a two lane 55 mph road I come around a blind corner and there is one right in front of me. God was with him that day. No on coming traffic. I swerve into the other lane and blow past him. Must have been nerve racking for him.
I live in Virginia and road trip the east coast extensively including New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Western Virginia, so I've had plenty of Amish buggy encounters. My comment on this pic is the road seems pretty much straight and unencumbered by sight lines. It looks like the pickup just ran right over the buggy.

No worse than coming up on a group bicyclists IMO.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2024, 06:44 AM   #7759
Weather Man
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition AWD

Texas just legalized Kei trucks.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      04-14-2024, 06:47 AM   #7760
Condorll
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X5 xDrive 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by crAbb View Post
Hillarious!, They deserve it for making a bad choice.
Appreciate 2
eugenebmw1585.00
      04-14-2024, 07:15 AM   #7761
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by murderspice View Post
How so? Do you have to gas them up instead of plug them in?

It's the same thing; reactionaries reacting.
Nah. It's just the internet Left trying to place the idea that 19th century Americans pushed back hard on the transition to the automobile from the horse as vigilantly as we are pushing back on the EV transition from ICEV. It just wasn't that way. Within 10 years of the introduction of the full-rate production automobile (i.e. not the proof-of-concepts from Benz, Ford, et.al.) the adoption was robust. There was no Federal Government-forced adoption; the market took care of itself. The automobile and its offshoot, the farm tractor, were VASTLY superior to the horse and oxen with respect to work output, maintenance, and cost. The internet is trying to convince everyone that the modern reluctance to EV adoption is just the same as the reluctance to transition from the horse to the automobile in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. It's just not true.
Appreciate 3
crAbb1246.00
eugenebmw1585.00
      04-14-2024, 07:18 AM   #7762
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Apr 13, 2024

That puppy IS NOT getting into the Port of Baltimore anytime soon...
Appreciate 3
crAbb1246.00
eugenebmw1585.00
      04-14-2024, 07:22 AM   #7763
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Lots of GrandpaBook posts lol.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2024, 07:32 AM   #7764
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
If you haven't got it yet you most likely never will.

96 percent of the earth’s species were extinguished at the close of the Permian period (252 million years ago -MYA). The extinction interval is fairly short (thousands of years) and recovery began within a few million years of extinction.

Figure 3 is a graph of the global carbon dioxide (CO2) and temperature curves for the last 600 MY. The end of Permian extinction occurred at the close of a long period of very low CO2 and temperature values during deep global cooling associated with an ice age.

During late Carboniferous and Permian time atmospheric content of CO2 hit rock bottom at less than 300 ppm. This was also a period of cyclical ice ages with global glaciation. Fig. 3 shows that during this period temperature, also, was at historic lows. The cold oceans sequestered additional CO2 from the atmosphere stressing all plants, marine and land, a tipping point was reached where the plants died, the food chain collapsed and 96% of earth’s species became extinct.

If we examine Fig. 3 closely, it is obvious that the current status of temperature and CO2 is very similar to the end of Permian time and the extinction event; therefore, we are vulnerable to the same demise.

Yes by all mean continue defining CO2 as the reason for climate change because it is. It is the reason you are still alive.
Not kidding, I'm surprised you were able to find this on the internet. This is straight out of peer-reviewed geology and paleontology textbooks published before the internet. I did not think true scientific information such as this existed on electronic media within the internetsphere.

Well done.
Appreciate 2
eugenebmw1585.00
      04-14-2024, 08:22 AM   #7765
murderspice
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
  [10.00]
Quote:
Nah. It's just the internet Left trying to place the idea that 19th century Americans pushed back hard on the transition to the automobile from the horse as vigilantly as we are pushing back on the EV transition from ICEV. It just wasn't that way. Within 10 years of the introduction of the full-rate production automobile (i.e. not the proof-of-concepts from Benz, Ford, et.al.) the adoption was robust. There was no Federal Government-forced adoption; the market took care of itself. The automobile and its offshoot, the farm tractor, were VASTLY superior to the horse and oxen with respect to work output, maintenance, and cost. The internet is trying to convince everyone that the modern reluctance to EV adoption is just the same as the reluctance to transition from the horse to the automobile in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. It's just not true.
I don’t know what that has to do with horses.
      04-14-2024, 09:20 AM   #7766
crAbb
As above, so it is below
Rep
Drives: M340i

Yes sir!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
eugenebmw1585.00