XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)

05-17-2024, 11:20 AM   #1
road rage richie
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BG M3 Xdrive

NEW PPF Parking Sensor Warning

Just got a front end PPF. Picked the car up Wed AM. Its been raining/cloudy since. PPF installer said he prefers to cover the sensors and there is a little moisture in the lip around them.

Installer said (I have not asked him about this yet) when I picked up the car lets see what happens after the sun hits the car for a bit that he wanted me back after about a week to look every thing over and address any issues if there were any. (Which was one of the reasons I chose him. He was the only one who said I needed to come back after a bit so he could look it over to make sure everything was good when I asked all the shops about install time)

I did not get any sensor warnings at first I think it was 2 or 3 short trips and 12 hours later - there was some seriously hard raid - then it started. The installer said that the sun should evaporate the water (just little droplets) through the sensors and the wrap could shrink around the sensors - it seems credible - but he could cut around them if needed. He did an excellent job its looks amazing.

Very long lead-up to anyone else have this issue?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2024, 01:58 PM   #2
MADBMWX5MC
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X5MC

Interesting...my sensors are fully covered with ppf and I've had no issues:

Appreciate 0
      05-17-2024, 06:05 PM   #3
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by road rage richie View Post
Just got a front end PPF. Picked the car up Wed AM. Its been raining/cloudy since. PPF installer said he prefers to cover the sensors and there is a little moisture in the lip around them.

Installer said (I have not asked him about this yet) when I picked up the car lets see what happens after the sun hits the car for a bit that he wanted me back after about a week to look every thing over and address any issues if there were any. (Which was one of the reasons I chose him. He was the only one who said I needed to come back after a bit so he could look it over to make sure everything was good when I asked all the shops about install time)

I did not get any sensor warnings at first I think it was 2 or 3 short trips and 12 hours later - there was some seriously hard raid - then it started. The installer said that the sun should evaporate the water (just little droplets) through the sensors and the wrap could shrink around the sensors - it seems credible - but he could cut around them if needed. He did an excellent job its looks amazing.

Very long lead-up to anyone else have this issue?
My sensors are sealed with my bumper so it's one big piece no cut outs. It hasn't affected the sensors at all. My rear bumper is also sealed and no issues either.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
Appreciate 1
MADBMWX5MC1009.00
      Yesterday, 12:22 PM   #4
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Z4 M40i, 2021 228i GC

Garage List
My sensors are not totally covered. My shop used a very fine blade and cut into the PPF.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 03:15 PM   #5
MADBMWX5MC
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X5MC

^Excellent job.
Appreciate 1