XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

01-29-2016, 10:44 AM   #1
Too__Hu///Mble
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6 ///M

Fuel Injector Recall

Hey everyone... New owner avid driver but I just couple days ago took my X6M 2013 in for some minor fixes and there was a recall for the fuel injectors then got a call from where I purchased the car for the same issue.

I tried find more info on it, but to no avail. I would be glad if any of the admins or experienced users can help me learn more about the recall.

Thanks all and I apologize if this issue was already discussed.

Appreciate 0
      01-29-2016, 01:52 PM   #2
Too__Hu///Mble
Private First Class
Rep

Bump
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2016, 03:44 PM   #3
ThumpersM3
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

BMW is issuing replacements for fuel injectors installed in the S63 engines. if they fall below a specific index stamp,they get replaced.BMW has found some quality issues and on good faith is replacing the early versions for free. Open Road BMW of Edison in NJ will pick up your X6M or provide loaner by appointment. Open Road has plenty of injectors in stock!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2016, 06:45 PM   #4
SakM_5
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Panamera Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too__Hu///Mble View Post
Hey everyone... New owner avid driver but I just couple days ago took my X6M 2013 in for some minor fixes and there was a recall for the fuel injectors then got a call from where I purchased the car for the same issue.

I tried find more info on it, but to no avail. I would be glad if any of the admins or experienced users can help me learn more about the recall.

here is everything you need to know:

http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1214699
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 04:05 PM   #5
Too__Hu///Mble
Private First Class
Rep

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 09:17 PM   #6
igorbmwx6
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 328i F30

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Too__Hu///Mble View Post

Thanks for the info, bud. In process of making an appointment with my SA to get all injectors replaced on my 2011 X6M
Appreciate 1
      03-08-2016, 11:02 AM   #7
Bilbofraggins
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6M, 2019 X3 M40I

Injectors/Timing Chain - 2013 X6M

On another thread I indicated that my vehicle went into have the injectors looked at ref the recall. One bank had already had the latest type installed...but the other side did not. They were changed under warranty.

Mech noted while in the shop for the injectors that the PCV cross over tube was chaffed (seems a pretty common problem). Parts were ordered, work to be completed on my next visit in a month as we live a ways-away. Well after a few days the beast developed rough running at start up and a check engine light followed - which I determined was a P112F code. So vehicle was collected by BMW a week ago to be repaired.

While in for the rough start (which was found to be the result of the cross over tube), the mech noted a rattle, that he thought was coming from the timing chain.

BMW authorised the repair of the belt tensioner as a first step...which the dealer has undertaken. So no new timing chain(s) needed. Pity as the tensioner is an exterior bolt on component (one hour labor) while the chain themselves is a "40 hour job (the engine has to come out of the vehicle)".

Pick-up vehicle tomorrow.

Now that I know that about the timing chain or chains...hopefully they never need doing....I have 43,000 miles...69,000 KM. Extended warranty till Nov 18 thank goodness.

Anyone ever replaced the timing chains on the X6M?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2016, 03:45 PM   #8
Tr2
Registered
Brazil
Rep
Drives: Btw X6m

I just had the worst experience with my 2012 X6M, my car was set on fire,after fuel injectors replacement, done at a dealership.
Since new, i experienced problems with engine light, power loss and engine entering safe mode. after thousands spent in replacements, some covered by warranty and some not, they said a campaign was open for my car and i should go for a fuel injectors replacement. 30 days of parts waiting time and my car finally was ready for a test drive. A phone call at the end of the day saying that my car was totaled by fire ended this story.
has been more than 70 days and BMW Brasil is incapable of giving me a feedback. next wed is my final deadline to receive a feedback, after this, no other way if not moving a lawsuit against the dealership and BMW Brasil.Has anyone gone trough this experience ??
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 02:47 PM   #9
nynyny
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbofraggins View Post
On another thread I indicated that my vehicle went into have the injectors looked at ref the recall. One bank had already had the latest type installed...but the other side did not. They were changed under warranty.

Mech noted while in the shop for the injectors that the PCV cross over tube was chaffed (seems a pretty common problem). Parts were ordered, work to be completed on my next visit in a month as we live a ways-away. Well after a few days the beast developed rough running at start up and a check engine light followed - which I determined was a P112F code. So vehicle was collected by BMW a week ago to be repaired.

While in for the rough start (which was found to be the result of the cross over tube), the mech noted a rattle, that he thought was coming from the timing chain.

BMW authorised the repair of the belt tensioner as a first step...which the dealer has undertaken. So no new timing chain(s) needed. Pity as the tensioner is an exterior bolt on component (one hour labor) while the chain themselves is a "40 hour job (the engine has to come out of the vehicle)".

Pick-up vehicle tomorrow.

Now that I know that about the timing chain or chains...hopefully they never need doing....I have 43,000 miles...69,000 KM. Extended warranty till Nov 18 thank goodness.

Anyone ever replaced the timing chains on the X6M?

Sorry to pepper you with questions... but

Was your dealer able to identify the P112F code? Or is that what the 'cross over tube' repair was in reference too?

Also what is a crossover tube? When I google it I see exhaust related discussions...
Appreciate 0