E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Gs1912 Inpa datens vs all other datens

04-21-2024, 09:06 PM   #1
MMM9120
Registered
Rep
Drives: 99 Z3 2.5 (former) , 08 328xi

Gs1912 Inpa datens vs all other datens

Hello all, I've got two questions:

1, how do you update the INPA datens, I've used bmw coding tool with v71(I believe) datens to update Edibas, winkfp, NCS, and nfs folders, but the INPA datens stayed the same, I've searched far and wide and not found a way to update JUST the INPA datens.

2nd, the whole reason for this is I want to update the GS1912 module, reading all the ZB #s in inpa shows my '08 328xi is on the software that it left the factory with, I at least want to update the trans for better shifting.

The crux of the problem is this, INPA cannot connect to the GM trans as I'm missing gm1912.ipo/gs1912.ipo/12gm1912.ipo, dragging the daten over from the NCS folder just gives me a version mismatch error in inpa. All the other programs have the updated daten with GM1912 files everywhere except for INPA. This is true for daten versions v53 and v71, I believe v28 is what the car came with from factory.
Could I properly update the trans and other modules with winkfp despite not having any of those datens in the inpa folder? I'd like to have inpa access for funzies but if I can't I won't lose too much sleep, I just want to known I'm flashing safely and smartly. Would ista D be a better alternative to inpa here?
Appreciate 0