XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

11-23-2017, 09:28 PM   #1
B///MWGuy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 xDrive40i

Garage List
Spark plug + coil change -- am I being too sensitive?

Hi, I've just changed my spark plug and coil for the first time.

I haven't noticed before the change, but I'm noticing a very very faint vibration noise coming from the hood.

However, I do not smell anything unusual, car runs great, I have better acceleration, and my mpg improved.

Should I be worried about this very faint noise? It is difficult to hear, but it sounds like interior vibration -- low pitch sound.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2017, 01:09 PM   #2
jandref321
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

I ordered plugs and coils but read shortly after ordering that you should only change part of the ignition system at a time. This is so you can rule out certain things if you run into problems. Do you have a code reader? You can get misfires without throwing a CEL. I'd check codes to see if you have any misfires and maybe move the coils around or reinstall the old coils to rule them out. Did you replace the plugs with pregapped plugs or ones that you have to gap? Is it the correct gap?

2020 G01 X3 30e CURRENT M Sport Package
2019 Ford Raptor SuperCrew CURRENT 802A, KN Drop-in, RB Flaps, Husky Well Liners
2012 E70 X5M SOLD Stg 1+ Turbos, DPs, Velos Stg 2+, JB4, Race Cats, Bavauto Coils
2003 E46 M3 SOLD aFe CAI, AP Axleback, SSK, H&R Springs, TMS CMBR Arms, PF RTABs
Appreciate 0