XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

10-18-2016, 10:55 PM   #1
Steve50
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW X5 e70 4.8i

Fault in Passenger-restraint System affecting airbag sensor

I have a E70 2009 bmw X5 4.8. I am getting "restraint system fault", and "brake light fault error. I also noticed that my brake lights are not engaging when I press my brake. I have replaced the brake light switch, but no luck. Is it possible that I have a bad module? I am reading the following codes which are all coming up under DTC:

A0C6 Terminal R
A0B0 Input, Brake lights Implausible
2F62 Brake-light Switch
5123 Immobilizer in transmission control disabled
51AE Signal from engine management implausible- brake light switch
55C3 AWD limp-home control activated. No DSC specified nominal torque
5E60 Brake light switch, plausibility
5E63 Brake light switch permantly activated
5FFF ENgine Management Interface
93D2 Tell tak lamp for front passenger airbag deactivated
93c3 seat-occupancy detect

Now I know that there are a few repeated above, but wanted to list all anyway.

Last edited by Steve50; 10-19-2016 at 10:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2016, 03:58 PM   #2
Steve50
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW X5 e70 4.8i

Resolved Fault in Passenger -restraint error

So I found the issue with the Restraint System Fault. It turned out to be the drivers side passenger restraint 3 pin connector wires shorting when sitting or pressing the drivers seat.

I found the issue after doing further trouble shooting. The Faults would occur only when I was sitting in the drivers seat and pressed the brake. Not only was I getting the Passenger Restraint and Brake Switch errors, but I was also getting an error for the drivers side (which was the main cause). The brake lights would also become inoperative(causing the brake switch error).

If I was not sitting, or placing my hand in the seat, and I pressed the brake, the Restraint error and or Brake switch error would not occur, and the brake lights would work fine. Also, the safety features such as: Not being able to start without pressing the brake, Not being able to place in park while driving, and not being able to place in drive while a door was open, was not functioning properly as a result of the shorted wiring. Which verifies that this error caused the CAS(Car Access Control) module, not to function correctly.

To resolve, I spliced the damaged wires and soldered. I used an "iCarsoft BM multisystem scanner"(which I highly recommend), to read and reset the codes. The scanner is a 1910 model which works for all series between 1997 and 2011.
Appreciate 1
      06-05-2018, 11:27 AM   #3
Tewie
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 ZCP Melbourne/FoxRed

Where did you locate the faulty connections?
Appreciate 0