XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

01-06-2016, 12:56 PM   #1
1mGator
1mGator
United_States
Rep
Drives: Valencia 1M

X5 35d engine code p0238

Hi everyone, I have searched and read numerous posts about various issues related to this Engine Trouble Code and would appreciate any direction from the community possible. Here is the problem:

Engine trouble light on with P0238 - Turbocharger / Supercharger Boost Sensor 'A' Circuit High

Listed Possible Causes (according to engine-codes.com)
- boost pressure sensor harness open or shorted
- boost pressure sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- faulty boost pressure sensor
- faulty turbo/super charger
- engine over temperature
-ignition misfire exceeds calibrated threshold
- faulty knock sensor (KS)

What I have done so far ...

Cleaned part# 13627792260 which is termed on realoem "fuel injection system - pressure sensor. I could not find "boost pressure sensor" terminology and other threads pointed to this item located on the driver side of intake manifold as a possible issue. When I took it out to clean it was clogged with carbon. I cleaned it with MAF sensor cleaner and reinstalled. I do not know how to test this sensor? How would I test to see if the carbon clog destroyed this one?

Next I cleaned the MAF sensor on the cold air intake.

If anyone can give me detail about how to eliminate the possible causes above one by one in a clear way I would greatly appreciate the advice.

Currently, I clear the code and it goes away until we shut off and re-start the car and then it appears again.

Thank you all in advance for any help!

1mGator
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 06:19 PM   #2
blue dragon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 Tesla MY + '23 Tesla MY

You need to change that sensor, I've had mine go bad and replaced it already.
      07-15-2017, 11:34 AM   #3
thezarb
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mGator View Post
Hi everyone, I have searched and read numerous posts about various issues related to this Engine Trouble Code and would appreciate any direction from the community possible. Here is the problem:

Engine trouble light on with P0238 - Turbocharger / Supercharger Boost Sensor 'A' Circuit High

Listed Possible Causes (according to engine-codes.com)
- boost pressure sensor harness open or shorted
- boost pressure sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- faulty boost pressure sensor
- faulty turbo/super charger
- engine over temperature
-ignition misfire exceeds calibrated threshold
- faulty knock sensor (KS)

What I have done so far ...

Cleaned part# 13627792260 which is termed on realoem "fuel injection system - pressure sensor. I could not find "boost pressure sensor" terminology and other threads pointed to this item located on the driver side of intake manifold as a possible issue. When I took it out to clean it was clogged with carbon. I cleaned it with MAF sensor cleaner and reinstalled. I do not know how to test this sensor? How would I test to see if the carbon clog destroyed this one?

Next I cleaned the MAF sensor on the cold air intake.

If anyone can give me detail about how to eliminate the possible causes above one by one in a clear way I would greatly appreciate the advice.

Currently, I clear the code and it goes away until we shut off and re-start the car and then it appears again.

Thank you all in advance for any help!

1mGator
Hi there. I know this is an older post, but I have the same issue. Can you please let me know if you were able to solve the error code or what you've done in the meantime?

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2017, 02:18 PM   #4
1mGator
1mGator
United_States
Rep
Drives: Valencia 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by thezarb View Post
Hi there. I know this is an older post, but I have the same issue. Can you please let me know if you were able to solve the error code or what you've done in the meantime?

Thank you
Hi .... the part I cleaned above was faulty .... I bought a new part# 13627792260
Appreciate 1
thezarb14.00
      08-03-2017, 05:15 AM   #5
thezarb
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30

Thank you 1mGator - l replaced the part about a week ago. So far error free! Thank you very much for the initial post. It sure helped my X5 run much smoother and it's so much more peaceful to drive w/o that pesky Check Engine light on. - thanks again
Appreciate 0