XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

01-10-2016, 04:23 PM   #1
RyanD75
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 35d

Good BMW Dealer Service and Warranty Experience

I purchased a 2012 X5 35d in August of last year. I just took it to the dealer for the regular service and to see about getting some minor issues covered under warranty. It has 48,000 miles, so it is near the end of the factory coverage. It was one of the better experiences I've had at any dealer.

They provided a loaner vehicle for the day, which was a new X3 28i xDrive. Very nice vehicle, but I prefer the X5 overall.

The full service was included. They changed oil, filled the urea tank, changed the wipers, etc.

The windshield trim was loose on one side, so they are ordering a new one. The new trim also has to be painted.

The 12V socket in the hatch was loose, so they are ordering a new one.

The lower seat trim on the driver side was loose, so they are ordering a new one.

One of the lights below the rear seat had burned out, so they are ordering a new one.

The one that really surprised me is the wood trim on both sides of the center console. Both pieces had several cracks in the clear coat, and they are replacing both of them under warranty. I was planning to replace both myself with the aluminum ones, but I wanted to ask the dealer about it first. Glad I did.

They offered to sell me the extended service package. It sounded to me that the best case is that I would break even on it with a couple of oil changes and front and rear brakes. I think I'll just pay as I go instead. I can change brakes myself.

They quoted $850 for new rear tires including an alignment. It looks like that is a little high, but not that bad for a dealer.

They told me that the next full service for a 35d is nearly $500. I knew it would be more expensive with the urea fluid and everything, but $500 seems a bit much. I didn't ask for details, so that could include air filter, cabin filter, wiper blades, etc. which could start adding up.
Appreciate 0