XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > X6 Engine / Exhaust / Drivetrain Modification

10-13-2009, 02:00 PM   #1
Skywagon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X6 3.5

Burger Juice Box 3 PNP in X6 3.5

Yesterday I installed a Burger Stage 3 PNP Juice Box in my 09 X6 3.5. I had a certified BMW technician, that recently left a BMW dealership and opened his own shop, do the install. It took him 30 minutes and cost $40. I’d recommend that one print out the instructions and the map guide for the different stages and bring it with them if someone else is doing the work.
Since 93 Octane fuel is easily obtained in my region I went with the stage 5. Mr. Burger recommended same because of the octane. A side note, the tech said BMW is claiming problems with the high pressure fuel pumps due to all the alcohol in the fuel. True? I dunno!
First of all, I like it. Response is up and what limited turbo lag I had, very little and only occasionally, is gone. One of the first things I noticed was I can now drive the car in city traffic in “D” rather than sport. As we all know in “D” the car does not use first gear. It does, however, seem to allow the engine to spin up a little before going into 2nd gear. Obviously a fuel saving feature. I have no idea how much more HP is being created, I’d guess 30-40 (?), but now, especially in sport mode, the car seems almost a perfect blend of power and economy. Mileage has dropped perhaps ½ a mile per gallon in city driving. I’ve only driven the car about 75 miles and whether or not the “adaptation” by the box to the car is complete I wouldn’t know.
The 3.5 X6 is advertised at 5200 lbs. The juice box gives it the kick it needs to get it going that first 200 ft. I’d love to do more to the engine but I’m told that there are no down pipes or intakes yet available nor can I find any on the web. Regardless, in sport mode and with the foot to the floor the tachometer certainly spins up in a hurry.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2009, 03:22 PM   #2
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

My questions on this are always the same. what did it cost, how much HP/FT LB did you gain and do they offer a warranty.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2009, 09:15 PM   #3
Skywagon
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
My questions on this are always the same. what did it cost, how much HP/FT LB did you gain and do they offer a warranty.
Don't know about HP or ft/lb gain. Only way to do that is dyno it.
Below is their web site.

http://burgertuning.com/
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2009, 07:44 PM   #4
eg3
Private
Rep
Drives: X6 35i

I have the JB+ on mine. There's a noticeable increase in the pull, especially uphills where I think previously it was lagging a little. The JB3 should yield more than 20-30 hp, btw.. It should be more like 40-50 but the AWD system loss reduces the power at the wheels.

JB+ was a very easy install. It took me 15 mins but I spent the first 13 mins trying Burger's "USB" method. In the last two minutes, I just leaned down good enough and was able to remove the plug easily with my fingers.. The cost was $230ish, don't remember exactly.. A very good mod for the money, IMO..

I'm also on the lookout for a cheaper ($2500 for a rear muffler? It's not made of gold. That's stupid) exhaust and downpipes for the X6.. Coming from an Infiniti FX35.. That was booming.. X6 is so quiet.. Needs some volume

Ege
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2009, 09:36 PM   #5
Skywagon
Private First Class
Rep

I agree the car needs just a little volume. Remus makes a system for about $1200. I'm going with a Supersprint system because of the exhaust tips. There are no down pipes out yet. However, I put this same, the first one, post on the E90 side of this site under Turbocharging, exhaust mods, etc. and there is an outfit in CO looking for the use of a car to develop them.
Appreciate 0