XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

12-21-2016, 06:58 PM   #1
Zero_Cool
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 Imola 6spd

New to me 2013 X5 xdrive35i M-Sport

I'm a long time bimmer enthusiast and finally made the switch to an suv. I've always been a fan of the 4.8is and even more so the newer M-Sports. I came across a 1-owner CPO with 26k miles on it at my local BMW dealer and just decided to take it for a spin. Since I'm taking it overseas I had no need for the CPO and the dealer was happy to remove their fee and deal down on the price. After about a day or two they agreed to my offer and I took it home last night. I just came from an E39 M5 and with a move to Germany coming my way I wasn't really inclined to get a RWD bimmer and I'm glad I stepped up to their SUV line. My initial impression was that the M-Sport looks sexy in person and didn't drive like a traditional SUV (my wife has a 16 Highlander AWD). The steering was extremely tight and sharp compared to the Toyoda we have. It's silver with black leather and is pretty much a fully loaded non 3rd row. I had an E92 FBO and I've seen some stuff about JB4 on X5s so I'm excited to get that sorted out as I wouldn't mind seeing how a couple mods "awaken" this SUV.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2016, 10:04 PM   #2
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Sounds like a nice purchase...any pics? You actually don't see many E70 M Sports in silver.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2016, 01:55 PM   #3
omgboost
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 35i

Congrats on the purchase! JB4 won't work with the N55 E70, but MHD just released support for the N55 E70s and I would recommend using MHD if you want more power.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2016, 12:39 PM   #4
neliconcept
Fashion Photographer
Rep
Drives: 2013 Porsche Cayenne GTS

What do you have to do in order to get that truck to Germany, any other mods to make it legal?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2016, 09:57 PM   #5
Zero_Cool
Lieutenant
Rep

I've been busy since I brought it home but I'll post pics tomorrow. I've found a video on YouTube with basically the mods I'm interested in minus exhaust and wheels.. And I'm looking into getting some feedback from someone who has put lowering springs on their X5. I've seen eibach and h&r on **********.

Anyone familiar with this X5?

I'm active duty military so I just drop it off at an approved shipping facility and they will take care of it.. As far as mods to make it legal in Germany I don't think that is an issue because you can purchase U.S. Spec vehicles from different manufacturers from dealers in Germany.. Anyways I took a 1,000 mile road trip with the X5 and it was great. MPGs aren't too bad then again I'm coming from an M5 (15 mpg on average). I think I have oem run flats and they handled a nasty rain storm flawlessly. We maxed out the cargo capacity with our bags and xmas gifts but I think it will still get the job done on future road trips.. Lots of new tech that I'm learning from my pops. He has a company leased 16 535i M-Sport. This is my first SUV and I'm completely in love with it! Looks, drivability, and fit/finish are great in my opinion. Now for the asterisk in that statement haha. I didn't test drive the 50i because I figured I wouldn't want to be that close to the X5M and lose sleep at night. I'm personally satisfied with the 35i. My wife enjoys it as well. She immediately noticed the responsive and "tight" steering.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 08:12 AM   #6
omgboost
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_Cool View Post
I've been busy since I brought it home but I'll post pics tomorrow. I've found a video on YouTube with basically the mods I'm interested in minus exhaust and wheels.. And I'm looking into getting some feedback from someone who has put lowering springs on their X5. I've seen eibach and h&r on **********.

Anyone familiar with this X5?
He's a member here. I think he sold his X5 a while back but here is his original post
http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showt...highlight=dyno
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2017, 09:35 AM   #7
Zero_Cool
Lieutenant
Rep

Here are some pics of my X5. I've logged almost 3k miles since I bought it and I'm just so in love with it. I mentioned to my wife that I could only imagine the complete package an X5M offers (I'm a power junky). But for my current lifestyle this thing is more than enough for me. I'm still trying to figure out who I should get a tune from and maybe do some light bolt-ons to get a little more "punch". Any thoughts on which brand springs I should invest in? That will most likely be my first mod..
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip attachments.zip (74.3 KB, 75 views)
Appreciate 1