XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

09-20-2012, 09:40 AM   #1
larkinda
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 x6m

Adv.1nightmare

Adv.1 is living up to its bad rap...
I ordered a 9k set of wheels in July and paid a extra 1k to have them built and delivered within 4 weeks. Well the sent me wheels in the 4 weeks but not my wheels to add insult to injury one wheel was damaged as a result of faulty tmps installed by their vendor and they charged me another 2k to replace it, Now 11k into this and now on week 12 and I still have no wheels and they have been paid in full.
When I ordered in july they guaranteed a full refund of my 1k fee if they did not deliver in time but now they are refusing to refund my 1k. I still don't have my wheels 12 weeks in , they are giving me and the supplier different excuses why they are not done yet.
When I talk to them they admit they manufactured and shipped wheels different than I ordered in fact for a different vehicle entirely but refuse to give me the expediting fees back they told me they should if never guaranteed a 4 week delivery because it was next to possible. That statement alone tells me they had no intention of delivering on time. I don't think that is to much to ask for in fact they told me they scrapped the wheels they originally sent so I should get the 2k additional they charged me back to.

I spoke to the sales rep and when I asked to speak to jordon ( his boss)he kept ignoring my request. After asking several times he finally said he would have him call me later that day and guess what no one called.

So adv.1 this is in your court - what are you going to do?are you going to get me my wheels and refund me the money you owe? I'm sure everyone on here will be interested to see.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2012, 10:47 AM   #2
Jimshorts
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x5m

I would be livid if I was you man.

Honestly demand a full refund and tell them you dont want the wheels. I understand that means you have to wait longer for another set but I dont think messing with them is worth your time.

Ive been doing a little research on some wheels and Vossen has some sharp ones and Ive seen them on some BMWs. The CV3s in 22s would look so nice on our trucks. 22x9 22x10.5. I might just rock 10.5 all the way around.

Any pics of the wheels you ordered?

Last edited by Jimshorts; 09-20-2012 at 12:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2012, 03:30 PM   #3
larkinda
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 x6m

Jordon from adv.1 just called me back and he agreed with my request. He said wheels are complete and are shipping today. Now to wait and see if they follow through. I am skeptical based on my experience-I will keep the thread updated with progress.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2012, 05:43 PM   #4
Phipsibear42
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5M

Garage List
Fingers Crossed for u

Quote:
Originally Posted by larkinda
Jordon from adv.1 just called me back and he agreed with my request. He said wheels are complete and are shipping today. Now to wait and see if they follow through. I am skeptical based on my experience-I will keep the thread updated with progress.
Hey man,

I've got ADV-1 wheels on my truck for about 2 months. These were special order 3 piece wheels and I have reached out to them a few times.

Every single email or call placed was responded to within an hour. And they have been very professional and accommodating. It sux to hear that you are having these difficulties. But keep in mind that our cars are pretty unique and parts for them aren't available in abundance and to get everything just right takes a bit if time when making these 1-off sets.

I'm not a supporter of poor customer service, and I'd be pissed too. But at this point just take Jordan's word that he will get your order sorted out quickly and correctly.

I just wanted to let you know that my experience with them has been positive. I hope it works out to your benefit, and when u slap those babies on ur truck, u will forget all about this Lil mishap!!

Keep us posted man.