XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

11-20-2013, 07:49 AM   #1
bobacazoo
Registered
Rep
Drives: 09 x6 5.0

Q Re Original Warranty On X6

Hello, Just purchased a 09 x6 5.0 w/ 49,700 miles CPO to be delivered tomorrow. Looking for some advice/ help. I have been told from some people that CPO does not cover all items such as potential wear and tear or minor flaws with the car/ interior ext etc.. Since I am not familiar with the car are there any known defects or reoccuring issues that I should look before I take it in for a pre 50k mile warranty expiration on the x6? Any and all help is much appreciated. May discuss with the SA prior to bringing it in. THANKS!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2013, 08:04 AM   #2
HPIA4v2
Major
Rep
Drives: F80, F86

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobacazoo View Post
Hello, Just purchased a 09 x6 5.0 w/ 49,700 miles CPO to be delivered tomorrow. Looking for some advice/ help. I have been told from some people that CPO does not cover all items such as potential wear and tear or minor flaws with the car/ interior ext etc.. Since I am not familiar with the car are there any known defects or reoccuring issues that I should look before I take it in for a pre 50k mile warranty expiration on the x6? Any and all help is much appreciated. May discuss with the SA prior to bringing it in. THANKS!!!
Congrats.

First I'd check the expiration of that CPO waranty, so many of them; in general if they say 7yr/100k thats from the time of the ORIGINAL owner took delivery not from the time you purchase this vehicle.
I'd also try to get a copy of the inclusions/exclusions of the CPO, sort of fine-print, this will tell you exactly what covers and what not; rather than what people hearsay here.

The other option is to take it to indy-shop that specializing in BMW only vehicle, pay them some fee to look the car bumper to bumper to see if anything is wron, sort of second opinion before you take it to dealer, expect to spend around $200 at indy shop.

From my limited experience hanging in forums, the injectors on N63 engine is not bullet proof, I'd also check Carfax if this car has lived in hot climaate, I'd replace all the vacuum lines from solenoid to wastegate. Other than that it's a BMW engine, it needs care more; so all fluid flush, spark-plugs, air-filter etc are due now.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2013, 08:09 AM   #3
bobacazoo
Registered
Rep
Drives: 09 x6 5.0

THANKS!

THANKS!
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2013, 06:25 PM   #4
igorbmwx6
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 328i F30

Garage List
Have them replace your Electric Engine Cooling Water Pump. Every BMW has to have it replaced after approximately 50k miles (my 5 cents )
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2013, 11:01 PM   #5
johnnyk0231
Rep
Drives: x6

if you dont buy extended warranty , you are gonna pay big time. i have a 2009 x6 50i and i would have spent over 10k on service alone if i didnt have extended warranty. And do some research buying one. i got screwed over when i got it from the dealer. Now i truly know what BMW stands for. BREAK MY WALLET!
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2013, 04:37 PM   #6
dreamalaska
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6 3.5i

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyk0231
if you dont buy extended warranty , you are gonna pay big time. i have a 2009 x6 50i and i would have spent over 10k on service alone if i didnt have extended warranty. And do some research buying one. i got screwed over when i got it from the dealer. Now i truly know what BMW stands for. BREAK MY WALLET!
Johnnyk, what do you mean you got screwed over by the dealer on buying a warranty? Do you mean compared with an independent aftermarket warranty?
Appreciate 0