XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > X6 Engine / Exhaust / Drivetrain Modification

05-27-2014, 08:51 PM   #1
Tailwinds
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X6m

Smile Velos stage 2 tune X6M report

I have never installed an electronic mod before and surfed the forums for comments on tunes and decided to go with Velos for my X6M. I have to say, this mod did more than I was expecting and I'm very happy about it. I drove my car around today for 15min then uploaded the new tune file and took it out again for 15min to compare...except that I kept driving for longer because I was liking it so much.

The install was fairly straight forward (for a newb) and I hardly needed to reach out and to ask for help. I had to email to ask what a battery stabilizer was since I had not heard that term. I had no problems or issues. I did write to Omar that there were a couple of instruction statements that could use some polishing even though I sailed right through them.

The car does seem to shift smoother as some others mentioned. The increase in power is definitely noticeable with better and quicker responsiveness from the throttle. Car feels a fair amount more "light on it's feet" and if I'm not mistaken, there is a little more growl to be heard from the exhaust. Big smile on my face. I feel like BMW could sell a more powerful option for the X6M (by just adding this Velos mod), give it some name and charge another $20k for it. I don't have any other performance mods on my car and can't compare to any other vendors but wanted to share my experience.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 09:12 AM   #2
Omar@VelosDesignwerks
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Different Ones

Hey,

Thanks for the honest feedback (will review the instructions and adjust accordingly) and for taking your time for the review. Enjoy in good health!

Best Regards,

Last edited by Omar@VelosDesignwerks; 05-29-2014 at 09:22 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 02:20 PM   #3
Defib
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Great to hear. I just ordered mine and can't wait to install it. Enjoy.
Appreciate 0