XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

04-23-2013, 06:26 PM   #1
Lionel Hutz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 X5 50e

LCI reliability?

I'm looking at getting back into a BMW and picking up a CPO X5 for my wife. I previously owned a lemon law-ed 135i, so I am still very suspicious of BMW reliability. Can anybody comment on the post-LCI reliability of the X5? I'm specifically looking at the N55-engined car. The diesel was nice and torquey but I'm not sure I liked the transmission as much and TrueDelta suggests that the diesel has a number of emissions system reliability problems.

Also, is there any good breakdown of the options packages available somewhere? I found the order sheet, but it is less than clear on what actually comes with any given package.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 07:01 PM   #2
schnell325
Bored at work....
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 GTS//2022 M235iGC

Two N55's (one my wife's & one a friend's) both with a combined 50,000 miles and no issues save for the two recalls from BMW. Love the low end torque. My friend's is the auto and I've driven it and am sad my wife got a 6MT.....
Grey Matter:2008 E92 M3:608/425. SG/PS SOLD!
Dark Matter:2015 F80 M3:495/505. SOLD!
Anti Matter :2016 F82 M4 GTS
What next?!? A 2022 M235i GC- I must be getting old
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 08:44 AM   #3
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionel Hutz View Post
I'm looking at getting back into a BMW and picking up a CPO X5 for my wife. I previously owned a lemon law-ed 135i, so I am still very suspicious of BMW reliability. Can anybody comment on the post-LCI reliability of the X5? I'm specifically looking at the N55-engined car. The diesel was nice and torquey but I'm not sure I liked the transmission as much and TrueDelta suggests that the diesel has a number of emissions system reliability problems.

Also, is there any good breakdown of the options packages available somewhere? I found the order sheet, but it is less than clear on what actually comes with any given package.

Thanks!
One of my friend purchased a brand new Lexus and had major trouble with it... then he got rid of it and proclaimed Lexus to be the worst reliability autos in the world... But we all know that Lexus is one of the best in the market... in this case his opinion is only limited to their own experience

With that said... Post LCI X5 would be the best in reliability since BMW engineers have had lots of time to fix the problems... Generally most people that are informed do not get the first year in new model cars since again generally they tend to have most issues...
Appreciate 0