XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

04-17-2013, 11:11 PM   #1
ddeliber
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Thoughts on "manufacturers vehicles"

I am helping a friend research getting an X5, she has a 2002 and still loves it, but pretty much everything is leaking and it looks like it is time for a replacement. She doesn't know much about cars so I wanted to help her out.

She is looking to go used (hopefully CPO) and I was wondering what do you think about "manufacturers vehicles"? There are some really nicely priced 12s and even 13s out there with about 10-15kmi that are technically new (for warranty purposes I guess). Are these BMW executive cars or were they run to the ground at the performance institute (or whatever it is called)? Any other possibilities?

Are there any issues/risks with buying/owning one? I heard something about issues with extending the warranty or getting them certified, is this true and if so is it true for all of em?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 01:16 PM   #2
Spaceballs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 Space Grey X5M

Possible they were "executive cars" meaning they were given to higher ups in the corporation for personal use.
I purchased one that had 45 miles on it, not 4500 or 45k, but 45.