XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

08-19-2017, 12:10 PM   #1
argento
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

EDC and Lifting X5M...

I just need some confirmation...

I've searched here and google to determine the proper lifting points on the X5M. I see where you can lift both fronts from the jack point. I know about the lifting points at the corner. There's still ambiguity about lifting the rear from the diff. I did it in my E46M3 all the time, but there was a subframe bracket under the diff on that car...the X5M is finned and I'm unlikely to lift from there and just use the lifting points in front of the rear wheels, but I am concerned about the last time I did this on a different X5...

I replaced the wheels myself on my 2007 4.8i a few years back. I lifted one corner at a time from the oem lifting points. With in a month I lost both rear bladders. I suspect I missed some procedure about dealing with the bladders.

Is there any such procedure for lifting the X5M with EDC?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Jeremy

UPDATES:
Additional info for consideration thanks to the E70 Vertical Dynamic Systems SLS posted on this forum (http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1306796). Specifically for Electronic Height Control (EHC) control modes:

SLEEP-MODE:The vehicle is in Sleep-mode at the latest when it has been parked for longer than 16
minutes without a door or hood/trunk lid being operated or the terminal status changing.
This is the initial state of the control system. No control operation is performed in Sleep
mode. The control system goes into Pre-mode when a wake-up signal is received by the
EHC control unit.

LIFT: The Lift mode is used to prevent control operations when a wheel is changed or during
work on the vehicle while it is on a lifting platform.
This mode is detected when the permitted rebound travel at one or more wheels is
exceeded > 65 mm. A jacking situation is also detected and the ride height stored if the
lowering speed drops below the value of 0,7 mm/s for 8 seconds.
If the vehicle is raised only slightly and the permitted rebound travel has not yet been
reached, the control operation attempts to readjust the ride height. If the vehicle is not
lowered, a car jack situation is recognized after a specific period of time and this ride
height is stored. A reset is performed if the vehicle is again 10 mm below this stored ride
height.

BEST TO RAISE VEHICLE ON ALL FOUR JACK POINTS. DO NOT DEPRESSURIZE AIR SUSPENSION AND SET DOWN VEHICLE ON WHEELS WITH EMPTY AIR SPRINGS.

Last edited by argento; 02-18-2022 at 04:49 PM..
Appreciate 0