XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

12-04-2018, 07:53 PM   #1
nguyenhh
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i Convertible

No heat after coolant flush without electronic bleed procedure

Hello Experts
I did coolant flush for my E70 couple days ago & didn't perform electronic bleeding procedure correctly. Today I found out no hot air coming out the A/C heater. It blows air just not warm. I hooked up the scanner & I got 2 codes:

2A82 vanos intake
2E83 electronic coolant pump.

Beside that, car performed just fine or even feel better.

I went ahead & performed electronic coolant bleed (correct way) & erased error code. It's night time here so I have not got chance to test drive the car enough to see if the code come back or not. My heater is not working as it supposed to be.

In your opinion, did I damage anything by not performing electronic pump bleeding procedure after a flush?

Thank you for your opinion in advance!
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2018, 07:54 AM   #2
9vapors
Major
Rep
Drives: CB X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by nguyenhh View Post
Hello Experts
I did coolant flush for my E70 couple days ago & didn't perform electronic bleeding procedure correctly. Today I found out no hot air coming out the A/C heater. It blows air just not warm. I hooked up the scanner & I got 2 codes:

2A82 vanos intake
2E83 electronic coolant pump.

Beside that, car performed just fine or even feel better.

I went ahead & performed electronic coolant bleed (correct way) & erased error code. It's night time here so I have not got chance to test drive the car enough to see if the code come back or not. My heater is not working as it supposed to be.

In your opinion, did I damage anything by not performing electronic pump bleeding procedure after a flush?

Thank you for your opinion in advance!
Sometimes something as small as an air bubble would cause this, but you said you followed the bleeding procedure. Was the car on the ground or lifted when you did the procedure? You can try to burp the system, but it needs to be on the ground flat. I would keep an eye on coolant temperatures and see if the codes come back. If it's air, the car will most likely overheat. If it's the coolant pump, well that may need to be replaced... but I don't understand how that would have been damaged. You can do a back flush because maybe some debris is clogging something in the radiator core.
Appreciate 0