XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

12-03-2018, 08:31 AM   #1
Drop the Puck
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW x5 E70

Sticky rear caliper

Hey Guys,

I have a sticky rear caliper. It happens only occasionally. I pulled drivers side rear tire and took of caliper. Cleaned the slide pins, lubed with high temp. silicone grease which looked and preformed perfectly, checked the dust boot and seals on caliper piston. no leaks, no rips, collapsed and extended without a problem. cleaned brake pad seats" wire wheeled" and dry graphite lubed. Reassembled everything caliper moved freely. Pumped brakes piston extended, not a problem there as I could use flat head screw driver just to push them back...so can't see he piston binding. Drove for 3-4 days all good, the TMPS comes on saying cannot identify leak, I feel all rims and all good except for the sticky caliper...not overly hot where you cannot touch it. My friend says bleed the brakes it will fix the problem as fluid is not returning freely to master?
What do you all think?

Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2018, 07:30 AM   #2
jandref321
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

Confused by the post. Is the real issue your TPMS is malfunctioning? It is winter now so likely that the cold would set off all your sensors. You would need to fill tires to appropriate pressure and reset TPMS.

I’ve had a sticky caliper before that I replaced with remanufactured one. If it’s not hot after driving then not likely the issue and it would not cause a tire pressure sensor warning.
Appreciate 0