XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

01-25-2012, 07:02 PM   #23
drod
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 50i

i did the hand wash thing and it was a workout... friend and I did our cars (he has an Audi S4) and killed the whole day... (wash, dry, wax, exterior, interior, wheels, etc) got tired of it after a few times.. wasn't worth the time or expense... especially when it rains two days later...

then went to a professional hand car wash place... they are also expensive and it also kills half your day waiting for it. again not a good idea.

finally gave in and took it to a local 24 hour car wash.. I wasn't comfortable with them driving it so I brought it in after hours where you are expected to drive it in yourself.. no vacuum during afterhours though...

overall i was very pleased with the results... quick and easy and it cost only $4.00 after 7pm.

If you want to get fancy add the hotwax feature for $1.00 more...(not sure if this is a gimmick though)

I thought about scratches and stuff as it went through the various brushes and stuff but after a few dozen washes I still can't tell the difference. The only negative is that they often leave the truck a bit wet because the driers are busy jumping to the next car as it rolls out...

for me that's ok... I'd rather dry it myselft so I can wipe it down thoroughly, inspect the vehicle for missed spots, other stains, etc and also use that time to apply a spray wax. no buffing for me... wipe on wipe off...

top it off with a little leather cleaner for the interior (no armorall at all)
just spray and wipe down with some leather conditioner.

30min later you've got a brand spanking new vehicle.

when it rains.. no problem... i only spent $4.00...

btw...i had a space grey and had no problems keeping it looking new.

my new ride is AW... should be easier...