XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

01-25-2012, 11:12 PM   #1
GmoneyLI
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 M

Unforgivable

So I picked up my brand spanking new X5M today... Signed all the paperwork, went through the walk through for all the new features.. Synced my iPhone.. Loaded a jay-z podcast for the drive home.. Drive 70 ft in the parking lot and the dynamic stability warning light came on.. The one where the pic of the vehicle looks like its going to roll over..
I turned off the car and started it again.. That didn\'t work. I\'m livid at this point..can\'t believe this is happening on a car that was delivered from the factory yesterday!
They took the car into service and hooked it up to te computer.. 30 min later.. They said the comp says its ok.. They saw the light on before so they don\'t know what tripped it. They decide to recalibrate everything.. 1 hr later.. They test drive it.. And it comes on again.. They think that maybe the Dinan software messed up the programming but they don\'t see why that would happen. They didn\'t have a loaner for me but I don\'t live far so I decided to drive it home. The stupid light was on the whole way..
I\'m so pissed. Completely killed the excitement.. I didn\'t even get out of the stupid parking lot. $100k car with 17 miles and it\'s already bugging out on me. I swear I remember having a ford with less problems. I\'ve been looking forward to picking up the car for weeks.
Unforgivable...

A few hours later I decided to play with the settings in the car after about a half hour I noticed the stupid warning message wasnt on.. So I drove it a couple of miles.. No warning light. Now I don\'t know if I should bring it back tomorrow or not. Maybe It\'s better to be safe then sorry..

Oh and btw.. The stupid iPhone snap in adapter doesn\'t work if the iPhone has a cover on it... Great lol
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2012, 12:45 AM   #2
DDP2011X5M
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by GmoneyLI
So I picked up my brand spanking new X5M today... Signed all the paperwork, went through the walk through for all the new features.. Synced my iPhone.. Loaded a jay-z podcast for the drive home.. Drive 70 ft in the parking lot and the dynamic stability warning light came on.. The one where the pic of the vehicle looks like its going to roll over..
I turned off the car and started it again.. That didn\'t work. I\'m livid at this point..can\'t believe this is happening on a car that was delivered from the factory yesterday!
They took the car into service and hooked it up to te computer.. 30 min later.. They said the comp says its ok.. They saw the light on before so they don\'t know what tripped it. They decide to recalibrate everything.. 1 hr later.. They test drive it.. And it comes on again.. They think that maybe the Dinan software messed up the programming but they don\'t see why that would happen. They didn\'t have a loaner for me but I don\'t live far so I decided to drive it home. The stupid light was on the whole way..
I\'m so pissed. Completely killed the excitement.. I didn\'t even get out of the stupid parking lot. $100k car with 17 miles and it\'s already bugging out on me. I swear I remember having a ford with less problems. I\'ve been looking forward to picking up the car for weeks.
Unforgivable...

A few hours later I decided to play with the settings in the car after about a half hour I noticed the stupid warning message wasnt on.. So I drove it a couple of miles.. No warning light. Now I don\'t know if I should bring it back tomorrow or not. Maybe It\'s better to be safe then sorry..

Oh and btw.. The stupid iPhone snap in adapter doesn\'t work if the iPhone has a cover on it... Great lol
That sucks. Which dealer did you take delivery from?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2012, 05:22 AM   #3
Cravin
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 X5

So you took delivery why?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2012, 07:07 AM   #4
5fix
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i; 2018 m550i

You added Dinan software to an M? Let the finger pointing begin.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2012, 04:53 PM   #5
GmoneyLI
Private First Class
Rep

Took delivery from Habberstad BMW. Dealer said that the car's control module will make its own adjustments while driving it after its recalibrated.
Put 50 miles on it today with no problem. Hoping its good now.

Still breaking it in but I'm itching to see what 610hp and 575 torque feels like lol

I'm enjoying this more than I did my old B7.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2012, 12:38 PM   #6
Forster
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M, S54 Mcoupe

What Dinan setup did you get? Stage 1 tune?? I've been thinking about this for awhile now
      01-27-2012, 01:20 PM   #7
GmoneyLI
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster
What Dinan setup did you get? Stage 1 tune?? I've been thinking about this for awhile now
Yeah Dinan Stage 1. That was the only Dinan tune available for the M. I haven't been able to get on it fully because I'm still breaking it in. I'm planning on doing the exhaust and suspension too.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2012, 08:34 AM   #8
richard in NC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 35i

I would have waited until past the break in before getting the tune. One to have made sure the car was perfect before doing anything, two to appreciate the difference, and third because you can't get on it yet anyways.

Hopefully things stay sorted out for it.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2012, 08:44 AM   #9
GmoneyLI
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard in NC
I would have waited until past the break in before getting the tune. One to have made sure the car was perfect before doing anything, two to appreciate the difference, and third because you can't get on it yet anyways.

Hopefully things stay sorted out for it.
I agree. I def feel I should of waited. For all the reasons u stated lol

Although I did drive an X5M a few months ago I didn't get to fully appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2012, 11:33 AM   #10
TimZ
Lieutenant
Albania
Rep
Drives: X5M

You might have some bugs now that need to be sorted but just so you know...I know you will love the car. So far mine has 19867 miles and it's going strong and I love it so much.
Im really itching at getting some software for it, downpipes and exhaust
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2012, 09:18 PM   #11
GmoneyLI
Private First Class
Rep

I def love this car. Believe it or not without even getting on the throttle its already a lot more fun to drive than the 08 B7 I had before. I'm finding reasons to drive so I can get to 1200 miles already lol
Can't wait to play with the M button..
I stuck with the Dinan software just for the warranty. The few extra horsepower some other tuners claim isn't worth the hassle in case of a malfunction. I rather just be able to bring it back I the dealership and not think about it. I plan on doing the same with the exhaust and suspension.. And I'm hoping Dinan puts out more products for the x5m.

I cant wait to be able to push this thing.. I had a lot of fun mystifying people that pulled up to my B7 thinking its a normal 7 series lol
Ive def ruined a few jerks attempts to show off to their dates lol
Appreciate 0