XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

04-14-2015, 10:45 AM   #1
acthad
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 228i MSport Step

Intermittent CEL p0347

Drove my 07 e70 4.8i wtih 29k mi with the battery voltage too low too long, I replaced the battery this week. But a CEL that I got before with the old battery has returned. It shows 2 instances of P0347, but goes away after driving it ~25 miles.

Right before my old battery conked out, I got a similar CEL with the starter would crank start the car then stall issue. It is strange that you can run the starter but not the other parts of the car with a battery at this state.

During the stall I got a P0118, P0335, P0343, P0347, and P0348, and the dash lit up like a XMas tree with the DCS light on, SES & Brake lights on in Red But I deleted all the codes and tried to start it again, and only this P0347 remained afterwards. Had it towed to the dealer, and they put a new battery, and now the CEL with P0347 is intermittent.

I google the P0347 code, but it is referring to the cam position sensor High Circuit A etc but I have not been able to find any exact answer. Other M62, N62 owners had all different issues, so it seems like it is a general fault code, so it is hard to pinpoint. People have replaced the CPS sensors and the CEL code came back.

Since the light just cleared itself again, I am hoping the car is still adjusting to the new battery and re-calibrating itself, and that the light won't come back on. It happened twice with the old battery but did not clear itself, I had to clear it with my scan tool, but with the new battery the CEL cleared itself.

Just thought I would throw this out here to see if anyone had a similar situation/help another owner down the road.

And yes lesson learned don't delay on things that need to be replaced ie. the battery...

Thanks in Advance!

2014 F22 228i M-Sport, Moonroof Delete, Sensatec, 8-spd Steptronic, Cold Weather Pkg, Xenons

Last edited by acthad; 04-14-2015 at 10:46 AM.. Reason: typo sorry
Appreciate 0