XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

07-10-2017, 08:00 PM   #1
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

BMW performance exhaust installed on 35i

Well decided what the hell, and nabbed a n55 BMW performance exhaust, and took about an hour to hook it up, just getting the trim pieces painted this week to frame the tail pipes.

Love the sound, no drone and you don't really notice anything much from the inside but when trailing the car the sound improvement is their and sounds nice and deep, sounds really aggressive in the morning during a cold start!
And drive buys sound much more throaty.

Overall very happy with it. Just a nice OEM tuned note.

Also has the 50i look to the rear now with the black chrome tips.
Appreciate 2
msan402.50
      07-10-2017, 08:02 PM   #2
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-10-2017, 08:03 PM   #3
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Smooth full passthrough.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 01:57 AM   #4
GWOCwinston
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 35i - E46 M3 - F30 330E

I like this. I'm thinking of buying the megan exhaust for my 35i. Heard it makes a nice rumble.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 09:22 AM   #5
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOCwinston View Post
I like this. I'm thinking of buying the megan exhaust for my 35i. Heard it makes a nice rumble.
Yea I was told the Megan exhaust was great for the money. Probably can't go wrong.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 11:53 AM   #6
jersey john
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5

Off topic, but I love your wheels. What are they?

Also, What's the part number of the exhaust?

I feel like every day is the Kobayashi Maru and my name's not James T. Kirk

Last edited by jersey john; 07-11-2017 at 11:59 AM.. Reason: Added question
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 11:59 AM   #7
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersey john View Post
Off topic, but I love your wheels. What are they?
Their the 310M wheel replicas from eBay.

22" and payed $800 for the set shipped from California rims outlet.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-12-2017, 05:19 PM   #8
tbm311
Rep
Drives: X5 & F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
Yea I was told the Megan exhaust was great for the money. Probably can't go wrong.
Ditto but it doesnt seem to fit the cars with the M-Sport rear diffuser so i will need to figure something out to fix that.

Although, i havent been able to find a single video anywhere of any car with it installed and the sound.

Does anybody have a clip or know where one can be heard?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2017, 05:37 PM   #9
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbm311 View Post
Quote:
Ditto but it doesnt seem to fit the cars with the M-Sport rear diffuser so i will need to figure something out to fix that.

Although, i havent been able to find a single video anywhere of any car with it installed and the sound.

Does anybody have a clip or know where one can be heard?
I know in fact I was the first performance exhaust the dealership ever sold or that's what they told me!

So who knows. I'll try and make something at some point.

Their far and few between I thought the m sport x5 would have come with it stock like how the 135is comes with the performance exhaust from the factory but who knows maybe it does.

I know at the local club here a few didn't even know bmw made a factory performance exhaust for the x5.

Hey you could buy the Megan and maybe just install the tips which you can buy separately.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2017, 05:46 PM   #10
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      07-12-2017, 05:47 PM   #11
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Just picked up the trim prices from the body shop. Should finish it off nicely.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-13-2017, 08:20 AM   #12
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

Quote:

they do look great. can you provide vendor details, and the rim sizes and offsets?

Thanks!

BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster. Montego Blue Metallic. Premium and Sport Package.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2017, 08:42 AM   #13
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huz-Z View Post
Quote:

they do look great. can you provide vendor details, and the rim sizes and offsets?

Thanks!
Hey Huz!!!!!!! Missed you from the Z4 forums how's it going, as you can see I've migrated around a bit!!!!!

They where from an eBay vendor called California rims outlet, their the 310M replicas in 22" size front wheel is 10" rear is 11"

Offset Fronts are 40 and rear is 35,

The quality of the rims for the price is amazing.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2017, 09:57 AM   #14
E70'11
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: || E70 35i | R32 GTR ||

Great new added addition! Looks really good!

2010 E90 335i 1M FBO MHD Tune (SOLD)
2009 E92 335i FBO JB4 G5 ISO (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2017, 10:53 AM   #15
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Hey Huz!!!!!!! Missed you from the Z4 forums how's it going, as you can see I've migrated around a bit!!!!!

They where from an eBay vendor called California rims outlet, their the 310M replicas in 22" size front wheel is 10" rear is 11"

Hey -C-!!

Looks like we both had the same idea to pick up an X5. I got mine back in January and its just a beast in the snow, and a huge improvement in terms of comfort and cargo capacity over my previous sedan. It came with sorta plain rims and I've been looking for a set that I can buy when it gets around to new tire time. Yours look really nice on the X5 so I think I may have found what I'm looking for.

I hope your Z4M is still rocking nicely - I'll be out for a spin in my roadie tonight for sure. Thanks for the info!

Appreciate 0
      07-13-2017, 11:08 AM   #16
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Hey -C-!!

Looks like we both had the same idea to pick up an X5. I got mine back in January and its just a beast in the snow, and a huge improvement in terms of comfort and cargo capacity over my previous sedan. It came with sorta plain rims and I've been looking for a set that I can buy when it gets around to new tire time. Yours look really nice on the X5 so I think I may have found what I'm looking for.

I hope your Z4M is still rocking nicely - I'll be out for a spin in my roadie tonight for sure. Thanks for the info!
Great to hear!!! Yea my mom still loves it! So it's not to far! Get to take it for a spin when I go visit home. Though it's getting harder for her to get in and out of it now so it may find it's way back to my garage soon.

Had to sell the 135 as the baby came and had to go get a family friendly vehicle and this fit the bill.

I know what you mean by regular rims this is what mine was before the wheels..... it the only one I had on my phone prior to the wheels while he was having the miles removed (stone chips) from his paint. So now the X looks like it's factory fresh. !!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-13-2017, 11:45 AM   #17
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Great to hear!!! Yea my mom still loves it! So it's not to far! Get to take it for a spin when I go visit home. Though it's getting harder for her to get in and out of it now so it may find it's way back to my garage soon.

Had to sell the 135 as the baby came and had to go get a family friendly vehicle and this fit the bill.

I know what you mean by regular rims this is what mine was before the wheels..... it the only one I had on my phone prior to the wheels while he was having the miles removed (stone chips) from his paint. So now the X looks like it's factory fresh. !!
Your Mom is driving around in an M!? Now that's just awesomely cool!! My X5 sees frequent duty driving my kid and his buddies around - much less cramped than the Honda. Its got white / ivory leather and I have to keep telling one kid to not bring his orange soda (you know, the stuff with the super permanent staining power) aboard my car! I think your previous rims are style 214 - the ones on mine are even plainer so you can see my desire to upgrade them. Did you install the running boards as well? They pop up occasionally on the classified section here.

Cheers!

Appreciate 0
      07-13-2017, 11:47 AM   #18
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Your Mom is driving around in an M!? Now that's just awesomely cool!! My X5 sees frequent duty driving my kid and his buddies around - much less cramped than the Honda. Its got white / ivory leather and I have to keep telling one kid to not bring his orange soda (you know, the stuff with the super permanent staining power) aboard my car! I think your previous rims are style 214 - the ones on mine are even plainer so you can see my desire to upgrade them. Did you install the running boards as well? They pop up occasionally on the classified section here.

Cheers!
Here they are in her driveway lol. Hmmm I think I like silver

Yea installed the running boards, theirs a dealer selling them on eBay brand new for $399 can't beat it.

Do you have the oyster color interior ? Mines oyster / black. It's kind of that ivory white not tan or beige ..... I like the contrast a lot. Been thinking of swapping the headliner to black but that's a big tear up....
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-13-2017, 11:55 AM   #19
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

A little off topic but If you can you gotta do the infotainment swap it's really worth it and brings the car up to today's infotainment tech, running ID6 and it even upgrades all the sound effects and chimes of the new f15 when you do it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-13-2017, 12:05 PM   #20
E70'11
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
A little off topic but If you can you gotta do the infotainment swap it's really worth it and brings the car up to today's infotainment tech, running ID6 and it even upgrades all the sound effects and chimes of the new f15 when you do it.
Your interior looks phenomenal Did you have to code the ID6?

Appreciate 0
      07-13-2017, 12:16 PM   #21
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E70'11 View Post
Quote:
Your interior looks phenomenal Did you have to code the ID6?
Thanks man!

A big upgrade from Europe is coming today!

And Nope no coding required I got it from bimmer retrofit and it came coded and ready to go, just plugged it in and your good to go. Theirs a few pins you have to change like camera wires and mic pins but it's as plug and play as you could hope for.

Have apple car play full blue tooth advance streaming and phone mirroring. It's a phenomenal upgrade to the existing system.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2017, 12:24 PM   #22
E70'11
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thanks man!

A big upgrade from Europe is coming today!

And Nope no coding required I got it from bimmer retrofit and it came coded and ready to go, just plugged it in and your good to go. Theirs a few pins you have to change like camera wires and mic pins but it's as plug and play as you could hope for.

Have apple car play full blue tooth advance streaming and phone mirroring. It's a phenomenal upgrade to the existing system.
Sounds like a well worth investment, may I ask how much they charged you for the retrofit kit? Were there any additional wires, tools and etc. required to make the complete swap? New iDrive control knob included or was that something you had to purchase additionally?

Appreciate 0