XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

07-26-2023, 05:14 PM   #1
spookykitty
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW x5

Help with gt1 code 00C94 BMWx5 zf transmission

2009 BMWX5 4.8I zf transmission
Gt1 code 00C94?
What does "mileage" section mean?
Please any help much appreciated 🙏 ❤️

I finally got the shop to give me the codes and the transmission is Zf, can anyone help me with the code(s)?

Fault code mileage shows code happened under 300 miles of the first drain and fill job. They made me pay thousands for the second job of transmission service, solenoid replacement & zip kit with a solenoid disclaimer that it might not fix the shifting issue. The car was back in the shop after 150 miles, shop says it's leaking from the transfer case and torque converter and the mechatronics problematic resulting in needing a full transmission rebuild for 7k... If they knew it needed a transmission rebuild from the code that it threw they should of told me instead after paying over 2k for the second job. What should I do?
Attached Images

Last edited by spookykitty; 07-26-2023 at 05:30 PM.. Reason: updated with pics
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2023, 08:56 PM   #2
wcs531
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335xi / E70 X5d

Mileage looks to just be when the error happened in km, but it looks like the codes were cleared considering all the errors are within a couple hundred km of each other - so you wont know if they popped up before or not.

I think you may be looking at the wrong code. I would do some digging on the DSC codes 005F2F and 006E47 that are pictured. The first code turns up a good number of results that seem consistent with your issues, but the second code doesnt turn up much.

The paperwork says you drained some of the trans oil then had it towed in. Did you try driving it prior to towing?
Appreciate 0