XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

01-23-2012, 11:43 AM   #1
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Law Suit against BMW NA

Hey,

I was just wondering if anyone else on this forum has received a letter in the mail encouraging them to join in a law Suit against BMW because of the HPFP for the N54 model engine?

I got the recall notice in the mail for the N54 engine in my X6 35i, and had the HPFP replaced back in 2010 at no expense to me. To be honest, I haven't experienced any issues before or after the HPFP replacement... even with the tuner chip I have on the ECU as well!

last week, I got a letter in the mail from Nugen vs BMW. I believe this is a law Firm or a group of people who are looking to sue BMW for the faulty HPFP found in the N54 engine. I haven't reponded to this letter asking me to join the fight though because I have not experienced any problems with the HPFP and BMW service reps and warranty has covered everything and have been more than accomadating to me. Plus I have ALWAYS been a fan of BMW and there beautiful and fun to drive cars.

I have no reason to complain or sue....

What are your thoughts about this....?
      01-23-2012, 01:21 PM   #2
apollner
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 X6

I got the letter too and also have had no issues whatsover, so I'm not planning on joining the class.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 02:39 PM   #3
skim175
Private
Rep
Drives: X-drive

I got the letter a few weeks ago based on my 3 years of ownership of 135i, which I replaced last year. I had zero issues with it. I have no reason to join.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 02:40 PM   #4
Rygel XXV
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 X6M

I'm in the legal field and my general observation of class actions is that you would only ever want to be the attorney(s) in one, but never want to be the client(s) in one.

That being said, you could join the suit and just pick up whatever gets tossed to the class, which will probably be crumbs, but if you weren't planning on suing about it anyway, then at least you get something. I highly doubt BMW or any of the dealerships/service advisors would ever hold it against you.

Alternatively, if you think you ever would sue, then you might want to think twice about joining the class, since you'd be waiving your rights to pursue your own individual case.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 07:53 AM   #5
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollner View Post
I got the letter too and also have had no issues whatsover, so I'm not planning on joining the class.
I didn't think it would have been a good idea to join either. I agree with you since I have no reason to complain at all, so there would be no point it joining with this group for a law suit.
      01-24-2012, 07:57 AM   #6
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygel XXV View Post
I'm in the legal field and my general observation of class actions is that you would only ever want to be the attorney(s) in one, but never want to be the client(s) in one.

That being said, you could join the suit and just pick up whatever gets tossed to the class, which will probably be crumbs, but if you weren't planning on suing about it anyway, then at least you get something. I highly doubt BMW or any of the dealerships/service advisors would ever hold it against you.

Alternatively, if you think you ever would sue, then you might want to think twice about joining the class, since you'd be waiving your rights to pursue your own individual case.
Good advice. I am not looking to sue BMW because they have taken very good care of my car for the past 3+ years. My service rep and the BMW facility I bring mr car to have always met my needs and never gave me the run around so I am not interested in a Law Suit against BMW.

It was weird when I got the letter so I just wanted to see who else received this notice and talk to others who may have decided to join in... or not... depending on their experiences with the HPFP for the N54 engine
      01-25-2012, 11:09 AM   #7
Kanuc
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6M Melbourne Red

If you have had no problems, why would you sue? I just can't understand how people's good common sense gets overtaken by greed and stupidity.

Go with your correct and wise instinct.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2012, 12:07 PM   #8
Terraforce1
If you ain't first, you're last!
Singapore
Rep
Drives: '14 Boxster GTS + 14' 1199 S

If you haven't experienced any problems personally, no need to jump on the band wagon In all honesty the case probably won't get too far anyway.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2012, 07:10 AM   #9
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

I agree with all of you. I have no reason to complain, so I cannot join in this fight. No point in going up against BMW when they have stepped up and delivered each and everytime an issue came up... at least in my experiences in dealing with them.