XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

12-30-2015, 04:45 AM   #1
Travis1807
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

PP-Performance Downpipe & Tune

Has anyone had any experience with PP-Performance and specifically with their catless downpipes and tuning?

I know they have a location in S. Cal and I'm interested in a solid tune/downpipe combo. I figured it wouldn't hurt to swing by and see if I can get a look at the build quality of their downpipes since I can't seem to find a picture of them.

Soooo.... I'm thinking

PP-Performance tune with catless downpipes

or

VF Engineering Stage 2 tune and Akrapovic catless downpipes

Suggestions and opinions are appreciated
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2016, 01:56 PM   #2
mhkm
The Doctor
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i; 2013 E70 X5M

Just to give you a head's up Travis..

If this is the same PP-performance that has a shop (or branch) in Dubai and a douche bag named Thomas works for them, STAY AWAY from them.... they are a group of dishonest people....
I sent them about $3000. U.S. for a Vorsteiner carbon fiber vented hood four years ago for my 335i, they gulped down the money and sent me nothing. They denied ever receiving the money, however my investigation showed they had received and withdrawn the money from their bank account I had deposited into...
And to give you even more info, the owner is named Khaled Al-Khouri, and he claims to be the major shareholder of Vorsteiner.

Bunch of thieves....stay away.
Concerning tune and downpipes, I have Velos for both and couldn't be happier... Omar and the team at Velos are great people to work with...
      02-09-2016, 06:35 AM   #3
Travis1807
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhkm View Post
If this is the same PP-performance that has a shop (or branch) in Dubai and a douche bag named Thomas works for them, STAY AWAY from them.... they are a group of dishonest people....
I sent them about $3000. U.S. for a Vorsteiner carbon fiber vented hood four years ago for my 335i, they gulped down the money and sent me nothing. They denied ever receiving the money, however my investigation showed they had received and withdrawn the money from their bank account I had deposited into...
And to give you even more info, the owner is named Khaled Al-Khouri, and he claims to be the major shareholder of Vorsteiner.

Bunch of thieves....stay away.
Concerning tune and downpipes, I have Velos for both and couldn't be happier... Omar and the team at Velos are great people to work with...
Thanks for the heads up! I got a few emails from him and just ignored them.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2016, 09:41 AM   #4
Crazy1323
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5M

I also have dealt with Omar at Velos. He is very responsive to customers questions and the tune is great.

So while I have no experience with PP, it would be hard for me to imagine being more satisfied than I am with Velos.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2016, 10:04 AM   #5
black1
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Pure Metal M6GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy1323 View Post
I also have dealt with Omar at Velos. He is very responsive to customers questions and the tune is great.

So while I have no experience with PP, it would be hard for me to imagine being more satisfied than I am with Velos.
Agreed I'm 100% satisfied with my tune from Omar.
Appreciate 0