XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

02-18-2021, 09:18 PM   #1
XRatedM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11' X5M - 19' VW GTI

E70 X5M - Need help with Comfort Access and iDrive

Hi everyone,

I recently bought an E70 X5M from a local dealer up in Detroit and it came with only one key, even though the car is equipped with Comfort Access (CA) it didn't work nor did any of the buttons on the key fob so I had to pull the metal key to lock/unlock, in other words it was a dead key - my first suspicion was the battery which I replaced right away and nothing changed. Next I tried to reprogram the key and that didn't help either, so I ended up removing all door handles and tested each one but no luck. Long story short, I ended up finding the previous owner of the car and he told me that he has the other key which I ended up buying it from him and Comfort Access works flawlessly with it. What can I do to make the other key work as well? Re-program it? Any help or suggestions??

My second issue somewhat relates to the first one, the second key that I got from the previous owner has a driver profile created i.e. seat settings, steering, side view, etc. which I have been trying to change but I do not see an option for 'Profiles' under settings on my iDrive, it has an upgraded Android 10.25" screen. Not sure if it's programmed/coded through an OBD app (Carly, ProTool, etc.). Btw, I'm looking for 'Driver Profiles'/'Profiles' under settings, am I looking at the wrong place? I have have scrubbed the entire darn thing. Lol

Thank you for your time.
Attached Images

Last edited by XRatedM; 02-18-2021 at 09:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2021, 10:59 AM   #2
zoom750
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

Congratulations on the car. Looks very clean.

If none of the buttons work on the remote, but allows the car to start, then it would seem that the electronics connected to the "alarm" portion of the remote has failed. I had a remote that could intermittently lock/unlock the car. The solution was to purchase a new remote from the dealer. If you do some digging, you could probably expect to pay around $300 - $350 for the remote (you can order a remote without the physical key).

Regarding the seat settings, does it change whenever you unlock the car? I believe the vehicle simply remembers the last setting that is associated with the remote being used. There should also be memory settings on the side of the seat. As far as I know, the iDrive plays no role. Neither should the aftermarket Android screen.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0