XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

12-31-2008, 05:49 PM   #23
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Oddly enough, when I got home from vacation the check engine light was off and did not come on all day today. Guess I will keep my fingers crossed. Now if I could just get my steering issue resolved I would be happy camper
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2009, 01:39 PM   #24
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenard View Post
Oddly enough, when I got home from vacation the check engine light was off and did not come on all day today. Guess I will keep my fingers crossed. Now if I could just get my steering issue resolved I would be happy camper

cool mine came back on after 12 miles called dealer and let them know. I assume I have to wait a week and a half to get codes interpreted is the plant is shut down and engineers are on vacation.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2009, 01:43 PM   #25
BMWNA
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Join the club. My car has been in service 2 times already and a total of 29 days. The first time it took them 14 days because they could not get it to take all of the updates and were waiting on several parts. Apparantly none of the mechanics had worked on an X6 yet and when they replaced my power steering pump the first time they had to remove the entire intercooler among other Turbo parts and wanted to take their time to be careful. The second time when they replaced steering angle sensor and steering modules they had to call in a regional service engineer and it took them 15 days. Good thing I was on vacation for 9 of those days.

Getting very frustating because now I have to take it back in on the 2nd for this check engine light and then eventually back in to try and fix my steering issue for the last time but I will have to contact BMW NA before I take it in for that issue.

Guess that is what we get for buying the first year of a new model from BMW, especially one that is twin-turbo. BMW should have a little better quality than this, especially for an $80k vehicle
I am with BMW of North America, LLC. I've passed this message on to a BMW NA Customer Relations Representative who will be in touch with you soon.
      01-05-2009, 05:38 PM   #26
DallasBeemer
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 35i Vermillion Red

Shenard,
Mine was in for service at Classic BMW for the "passenger restraint system failure" light They had it for over 3 weeks. First a part was ordered from South Carolina, then a part from Germany. Once they installed the part from Germany the check engine light came on. Mine may have been the one your service advisor mentioned, or it could have been another X6. I personally think my problem all along was a computer glitch and they changed parts needlessly. Only consolation was a free loaner for almost a month, but that's not why we buy BMWs in the first place. No problems since I've had it back -about a month.
You've had your share of problems. Hopefully you'll get it all fixed and get the service issues behind you.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2009, 05:41 PM   #27
shenard
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasBeemer View Post
Shenard,
Mine was in for service at Classic BMW for the "passenger restraint system failure" light They had it for over 3 weeks. First a part was ordered from South Carolina, then a part from Germany. Once they installed the part from Germany the check engine light came on. Mine may have been the one your service advisor mentioned, or it could have been another X6. I personally think my problem all along was a computer glitch and they changed parts needlessly. Only consolation was a free loaner for almost a month, but that's not why we buy BMWs in the first place. No problems since I've had it back -about a month.
You've had your share of problems. Hopefully you'll get it all fixed and get the service issues behind you.
Hopefully. We will see. Hopefully BMW NA can help me out.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2009, 08:52 PM   #28
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hopefully. We will see. Hopefully BMW NA can help me out.
hope they do, would prefer they establish some procedure for the dealers. I got the same line from my service dept (Stevens Creek BMW), "car is so new no one here knows about them give us 6 months the we'll know all about them". My response was "ya because you're going to practice on my 50i". it was in 3 days in the same week for check engine light, first time they kept it for 2 days and replaced the dmtl pump thingy. about 20 miles later light came back on, second time they replaced some sensor thing car went 12 miles before light came back on.

They said to call them back in about a week and a half and they will have response from bmw (have another week left). Rumor has it BMW is going to put 50i engine in the new 7 series, I pity those owners.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2009, 09:16 PM   #29
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck92103 View Post
rivets for the fender?

I am sure it is not as bad as it sounds.
they are fastners to attach the pump to the inside fender shell not real fender.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2009, 09:11 AM   #30
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Exclamation

I can say that only had a front disk scoring problem on mine and it was renewed instantly by the main agent, I have covered 4600 miles now and have NO troubles at all, the car is fantastic, handling is nothing short of sensational, my 635DS would never keep up with this car on twisty roads.
I wonder why you guys in the states seem to have many more problems than us here in the UK!. Very few problems feeding back to BMW UK.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2009, 09:13 AM   #31
chuck92103
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
I can say that only had a front disk scoring problem on mine and it was renewed instantly by the main agent, I have covered 4600 miles now and have NO troubles at all, the car is fantastic, handling is nothing short of sensational, my 635DS would never keep up with this car on twisty roads.
I wonder why you guys in the states seem to have many more problems than us here in the UK!. Very few problems feeding back to BMW UK.
I would say more people on these boards live in the U.S. which is why there seems to be more problems from U.S. customers reported here.

Since all X6's are made here, I doubt any one country has less issues on a percentage basis.

Last edited by chuck92103; 01-06-2009 at 07:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2009, 07:33 PM   #32
shenard
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW NA Customer Relations View Post
I am with BMW of North America, LLC. I've passed this message on to a BMW NA Customer Relations Representative who will be in touch with you soon.
BMW NA,

Please check your PM. I sent you a msg.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2009, 12:07 AM   #33
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck92103 View Post
I would say more people on these boards live in the U.S. which is why there seems to be more problems from U.S. customers reported here.

Since all X6's are made here, I doubt any one country has less issues on a percentage basis.
Of course there is another way to look at it , the US customers got the first batch "before the glue was dry" where most Non US customers had a longer wait.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2009, 11:09 AM   #34
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
Of course there is another way to look at it , the US customers got the first batch "before the glue was dry" where most Non US customers had a longer wait.
I think this could be a factor, as I say there is very little bad feed-back to dealerships here.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 04:52 PM   #35
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

check engine light update #5 ? oh hell I don't know..

Well car has been at dealers for 3 days now.

First day I was told that they wrangled with BMW about fault codes and at of the day received approval to reprogram car.

Second day they reprogrammed car but wanted to do some drive cycles (drive for x mile stop drive another x miles) to make sure it fixed the problem.

Third day after doing some drive cycles they say the battery is bad and will have to be replaced. Good news they have the battery in stock ..... but ( you knew this was coming) replacing the battery will require the car to be reprogrammed again.

I am suppose to get it back tomorrow afternoon sometime, We are going down the coast to Carmel/Monterey for our anniversary starting early Saturday morning ( having some work done on the house and can't be there for at least 3 days).

This already has cost me a trip to Socal at Christmas time to visit family.

Saying this is a "new" model and this is to be expected is crap. The engine is new,most everything else other than DPC is from X5 line. About now a MB AMG is looking good. BMW makes an $80k car that takes three days to figure out it has a bad battery, you know I can't ever think of a new car I had that came with a bad battery.

At this point my wife doesn't think she will replace her 330 with another BMW.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2009, 08:43 AM   #36
autodahn
Kassel Kid
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
check engine light update #5 ? oh hell I don't know..

Well car has been at dealers for 3 days now.

First day I was told that they wrangled with BMW about fault codes and at of the day received approval to reprogram car.

Second day they reprogrammed car but wanted to do some drive cycles (drive for x mile stop drive another x miles) to make sure it fixed the problem.

Third day after doing some drive cycles they say the battery is bad and will have to be replaced. Good news they have the battery in stock ..... but ( you knew this was coming) replacing the battery will require the car to be reprogrammed again.

I am suppose to get it back tomorrow afternoon sometime, We are going down the coast to Carmel/Monterey for our anniversary starting early Saturday morning ( having some work done on the house and can't be there for at least 3 days).

This already has cost me a trip to Socal at Christmas time to visit family.

Saying this is a "new" model and this is to be expected is crap. The engine is new,most everything else other than DPC is from X5 line. About now a MB AMG is looking good. BMW makes an $80k car that takes three days to figure out it has a bad battery, you know I can't ever think of a new car I had that came with a bad battery.

At this point my wife doesn't think she will replace her 330 with another BMW.
Oh no! I have been bitten by the Engine Light Gremlin!

dmlgc: Did they finally resolve your issue? Mine had the light come on, I took it in, and sure enough, it showed as a DMTL pump fault. They replaced it, and now, about 200 miles later, the light is back on!

Any "light" you can shed on this will be appreciated; I am taking it in on Monday...

Cheers, AD
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2009, 02:23 PM   #37
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by autodahn View Post
Oh no! I have been bitten by the Engine Light Gremlin!

dmlgc: Did they finally resolve your issue? Mine had the light come on, I took it in, and sure enough, it showed as a DMTL pump fault. They replaced it, and now, about 200 miles later, the light is back on!

Any "light" you can shed on this will be appreciated; I am taking it in on Monday...

Cheers, AD

Yes check my thread on problems and solutions, shows all the things they tried and final solution.
http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203016
Appreciate 0