XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

05-19-2018, 12:58 AM   #1
N62B48
Private
Rep
Drives: XDrive 4.8i

adaptive drive, adjustable shocks

Im planning to replace my oem adjustable shocks.Are there any other options or any aftermarket shocks out there can fit and replace these adjustable oem shocks?

the wholesale price for these oem adjustable shocks still around $800 a piece, now im not going to spend $3000 for the whole set front and rear.

Im interested in sachs shocks, bilstein or meyle that sounds reasonable price.

My main concerns since the X5 comes with on/off sport button or soft, hard setting, now if i replace with aftermarket shocks will the sport mode light inside the dashboard give flickering or any malfunction?

I remember in my younger year I owned 90 nissan 300zx twin turbos and 91 mitsubishi 3000GT Vr-4 twin turbos, both cars came with adjustable oem shocks also.. you can set hard or soft position.. I replaced both cars with KONI shocks, of course right after i replaced them both cars had stiffer ride., and no error code in the dashboard.

I dont know much about these new electronics gimmicks in the X5, im just concerns and lil worry if that will throw error code in the dash lights, if i install KYB or any other brands out there.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 02:06 PM   #2
mitch808
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 35i

What year x5?
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 02:33 PM   #3
N62B48
Private
Rep
Drives: XDrive 4.8i

Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 04:22 PM   #4
coolmayank
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5m

Quote:
Originally Posted by N62B48 View Post
Im planning to replace my oem adjustable shocks.Are there any other options or any aftermarket shocks out there can fit and replace these adjustable oem shocks?

the wholesale price for these oem adjustable shocks still around $800 a piece, now im not going to spend $3000 for the whole set front and rear.

Im interested in sachs shocks, bilstein or meyle that sounds reasonable price.

My main concerns since the X5 comes with on/off sport button or soft, hard setting, now if i replace with aftermarket shocks will the sport mode light inside the dashboard give flickering or any malfunction?

I remember in my younger year I owned 90 nissan 300zx twin turbos and 91 mitsubishi 3000GT Vr-4 twin turbos, both cars came with adjustable oem shocks also.. you can set hard or soft position.. I replaced both cars with KONI shocks, of course right after i replaced them both cars had stiffer ride., and no error code in the dashboard.

I dont know much about these new electronics gimmicks in the X5, im just concerns and lil worry if that will throw error code in the dash lights, if i install KYB or any other brands out there.

Thanks
I’ve seen that some of these kits comes with an
Electronic modules to disable the Level control warning ⚠️
Appreciate 0