XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

08-03-2011, 02:53 PM   #1
Gauntlet
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe 2009 X5d

Pricing on X5 M

Hey All,

Looking for some recent pricing on this model. Any help around leasing rates and terms on invoice pricing would be greatly appreciated!

I'm in N. California.

Gauntlet
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2011, 06:57 PM   #2
ek1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauntlet View Post
Hey All,

Looking for some recent pricing on this model. Any help around leasing rates and terms on invoice pricing would be greatly appreciated!

I'm in N. California.

Gauntlet
I am also in the market for a 2012 X5 M. Here is the info I have so far.

Dealers in the NY/NJ/CT area willing to sell for either invoice or $500 over invoice, though not directly to the customer. Residual after 36 months is only 51%, which is pretty low but still better than most other brands/models. To further discount the price, you can do 2 things -

1.) Sign up for BMW drive for Team USA and get a $1000 certificate towards any BMW. See http://www.bmwusa.com/driveforteamusa. Keep in mind that this certificate can only be applied towards the cap cost of the vehicle, and not the lease payments, so BMW treats this $1000 certificate as if you made a $1000 down payment, so your cap cost becomes $1000 lower, while residual stays the same. Result= lower lease payment.

2. If you or your family member currently have a BMW, you are eligible for a BMW loyalty discount. This can be applied either as a $1000 one-time discount towards the cap cost or as a lease finance rate reduction. Money wise the rate reduction is much more preferrable because it lowers your monthly lease payments by around $30, which is a lot.

The X5 M with options that I want has an MSRP of $95,925 and I was quoted around $1360/mo (including taxes) with around $2550 out of pocket (aquisition fee, DMV fees, some other crap fees and a 1st month payment). This is for 36 months, 12K miles per year. If you go for 10K miles/yr, you pay $30 less per month. There is also a disposition fee at the end of the lease.

Most importantly, dont make a mistake of going to the dealership and buying the car directly from them. Thats when they rape you, at least on the East Coast. I am not sure if east coast leasing brokers can sell cars to the west coast, but I can ask if you want. Then again, there are plenty of leasing companies on the Internet.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2011, 07:24 PM   #3
Gauntlet
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks, that's good info. Do you know what the invoice on the car is?

I'm looking at the same residual and the current MF is quoted as .00165.

Thanks!

Appreciate 0
      08-03-2011, 07:48 PM   #4
Michael_s
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 991 C4S

Invoice is approx MSRP minus 7%.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2011, 08:11 PM   #5
Gauntlet
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks, I was pretty close....appreciate your help!
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2011, 08:18 AM   #6
PIEZON
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: In The Market For A New One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ek1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauntlet View Post
Hey All,

I'm in N. California.

Gauntlet

Dealers in the NY/NJ/CT area willing to sell for either invoice or $500 over invoice, though not directly to the customer. Residual after 36 months is only 51%, which is pretty low but still better than most other brands/models. To further discount the price, you can do 2 things -

1.) Sign up for BMW drive for Team USA and get a $1000 certificate towards any BMW. See http://www.bmwusa.com/driveforteamusa. Keep in mind that this certificate can only be applied towards the cap cost of the vehicle, and not the lease payments, so BMW treats this $1000 certificate as if you made a $1000 down payment, so your cap cost becomes $1000 lower, while residual stays the same. Result= lower lease payment.

2. If you or your family member currently have a BMW, you are eligible for a BMW loyalty discount. This can be applied either as a $1000 one-time discount towards the cap cost or as a lease finance rate reduction. Money wise the rate reduction is much more preferrable because it lowers your monthly lease payments by around $30, which is a lot.

The X5 M with options that I want has an MSRP of $95,925 and I was quoted around $1360/mo (including taxes) with around $2550 out of pocket (aquisition fee, DMV fees, some other crap fees and a 1st month payment). This is for 36 months, 12K miles per year. If you go for 10K miles/yr, you pay $30 less per month. There is also a disposition fee at the end of the lease.

Most importantly, dont make a mistake of going to the dealership and buying the car directly from them. Thats when they rape you, at least on the East Coast. I am not sure if east coast leasing brokers can sell cars to the west coast, but I can ask if you want. Then again, there are plenty of leasing companies on the Internet.
May I ask what dealer quoted this to you?
      08-07-2011, 01:59 PM   #7
jlee
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2CS+GTS Targa+RRS SVR

I would look around for a leftover 2010, there are still some around. I just picked one up a month ago.

I think net net it was around $15K off MSRP.

Jeff
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 03:17 PM   #8
M3 NY
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 335ic (2011 M3c on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ek1 View Post

Don't forget the BMW CCA discount ($1k) if you’re a member for over 1 year!
Appreciate 0