XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > X6 Engine / Exhaust / Drivetrain Modification

05-12-2009, 12:49 AM   #1
okczk
Rep
Drives: E90 325 x X6

Dose anybody try turbo tuner on X6?

Just know this from my friend, anybody ever tried?

Turbo Tuner - Boost Enhancement Module for 135i, 335i, 335xi, 535i & 535xi
Part #: TURBO-TUNER-335i-135i
Applications: 2007 - - (E60 E82 E88 E90 E92 E93)
The Turbo Tuner is a plug-and-play solution that significantly enhances performance of the BMW twin turbo models, such as the 335i, 335xi, 535i, 535xi and now the new 135i BMW 1 series. Typical gains are a whopping 40 horsepower and 50 ft-lbs of torque (!!!). This is a night and day difference, and the improvement in acceleration is remarkable. This module plugs (and unplugs) into your BMW's wiring harness with no cutting or splicing. It can be installed (or uninstalled) in a matter of minutes, even by your average BMW owner. No special tools or expertise required, and full instructions and support are provided. Since this is a removable upgrade, you could remove this prior to selling the car to re-use on your future twin-Turbo BMW. There is simply no easier and less expensive way to make such drastic horsepower and torque gains on a BMW, period.

The Turbo Tuner has now been installed in thousands of BMWs successfully, all with rave reviews. It does not cause any trouble codes or check engine lights. We have yet to hear of any detriment in long term engine reliability due to this boost enhancement module. It's circuitry features a soft limit circuit that avoids overboost which protects the engine from boost spikes and preserves drivability. There is also a temperature compensation protection circuit that lowers boost at elevated under-hood temperatures.

The Turbo Tuner is not an ECU re-flash solution or engine "chip", like found on older model BMWs. It is a "plug and play" module with embedded control circuity that works seamlessly with the stock ECU. The turbo tuner provides real performance gains while preserving the smooth and refined character of the car. As this device has not been tested for federal emissions guidelines, it is sold as an OFF ROAD DEVICE ONLY, not approved or intended for use on public roads or highways.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2009, 01:43 AM   #2
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

LOL I like the last part of the description:

'As this device has not been tested for federal emissions guidelines, it is sold as an OFF ROAD DEVICE ONLY, not approved or intended for use on public roads or highways.'

As if anybody would install this module JUST for off-road use
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2009, 01:45 AM   #3
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

To the OP:

You should add or change the title of the thread to say:

Dose anybody try turbo tuner on X6 35i?

As this module only applies to the X6 xDrive35i model!!
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2009, 05:40 AM   #4
MeEmZ
Doctor in the making
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: 08 X6 35i

i haven't tried it but i did contact the seller and they said it would work fine ... might wanna send them a pm or something
      01-26-2010, 05:31 PM   #5
SKYHI
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Titanium Silver X6

Garage List
2009 X6 35i  [0.00]
I called Split Second to inquire and they advised not to use the regular turbo tuner due to it triggering codes and such but to go with the Turbo Tuner 2 being you can adjust the settings and avoid errors. He also stated that although they have not tested it on the X6 specifically that it should work fine. For $499, I would spend a bit extra and go with the JB 3 personally.
      01-28-2010, 08:06 PM   #6
Alex@TAG
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 RS7, 488 Spider, i3 REX, 57

I tried it, and it seems to throw a check engine light every once in a while... Kinda stinks but whatever...
Appreciate 0