XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

07-08-2009, 02:28 AM   #1
Georgepascal
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 3.5d

Engine oil level too high

i got that message 2-3 days after the 1st oil change. The dealer insists that they dint overfill it, they have checked the oil sensor and its ok...Its being now the fifth day that the x6 sits on the dealers garage without anybody know what to do... Any advise? anybody got that message?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 04:31 AM   #2
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgepascal View Post
i got that message 2-3 days after the 1st oil change. The dealer insists that they dint overfill it, they have checked the oil sensor and its ok...Its being now the fifth day that the x6 sits on the dealers garage without anybody know what to do... Any advise? anybody got that message?
I had this once george, about 2K miles on the clock, checked the oil and this came up, checked it agian the next day all was well. No one had touched the oil and now covered 9K, never topped up still says level OK.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 02:05 PM   #3
morty
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6 xDrive50i

I think the range on the sensor is too small. I got the TOO HIGH message two weeks after taking ownership of my ’09 50i. I asked the dealer to take a quart out – they did – then the computer said TOO LOW – ADD ONE QUART…!!!

I added ˝ quart, and all was fine.

Just ask your dealership to remove ˝ quart and recheck… no big deal… I can’t believe they have kept it for 5 days without doing anything.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 04:16 PM   #4
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

I had this the first day I picked up my car (didn't even leave the lot) , they drained all of the oil and then put it back a little at a time. No problems since and it has told me to add a quart of oil twice now. I asked my SA about it he said the 7 series had same issue when it first came out.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2009, 10:10 AM   #5
chuck92103
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

My X6 has been in the shop since last wednesday. One of the issues was oil too full warning.

They have to contact BMWNA as they drained, replaced sensor and refilled and it is still not working right.

Very strange. When I got the oil changed a few months ago, there was no message. And then a few weeks later it popped up.

I am sure my dealer will get it resolved. They always do.
      09-01-2009, 01:59 PM   #6
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck92103 View Post
My X6 has been in the shop since last wednesday. One of the issues was oil too full warning.

They have to contact BMWNA as they drained, replaced sensor and refilled and it is still not working right.

Very strange. When I got the oil changed a few months ago, there was no message. And then a few weeks later it popped up.

I am sure my dealer will get it resolved. They always do.
ya I don't mind being a dipstick just don't like being dipstickless..
Appreciate 0